Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilstein vs Fox shocks

Since there is a little price difference, these are the two I have never used and wondering if anyone has here? Looking at the Bilstein 5100 vs Fox 2.0. Let me know what you run, ran or know about any shock for a lifted dmax for performance, reliability, and corrosion resistance.

I imagine they are alot better than what I have now, just the basic rough country ones. Feels like they are pretty absorbent up front.

I used to have another truck with fabtech dual shock hoops and liked the stiffer front end until someone hit and ran me totaling that truck.

Comment

Would there be a specific shock to have for the kryptonite ucas on a lifted truck?

Comment

We run both the Bilstien and the fox. Kinda customer preference. For most the Bilstien is a major upgrade from what they are running and always provide a great ride. Our 03 ccsb has the Fox shocks and 6in lift, I think it rides great!
        2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

So Fox sounds to be more my preference of ride quality for on and off road. I understand people all drive differently and view performance of products differently as well, but I think the Fox 2.0s will be best friends with the kryptonite ucas. Soon those two will love my truck!

Comment

I'm sure you'll enjoy the combo as well LOL!!! That would be my combo of choice.
            2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Originally posted by Dukcaln@Dmaxstore

Enjoy.....!!! Sounds like a match made in heaven
              Haha it does! My wife is going to hate it, but I'll try to explain why I need these components, plus tax return money will help alot so all in all its a match made in heaven!

Comment

Just have to say my preference is the Bilstein 5100. Running them on mine and its a world of difference from stock. Price isn't bad either.

Heard good things about the Fox shocks but had friends that went from Fox to Bilstein.

Comment

i really think it boils down to personal perception on what the individual views as acceptable ride quality. Bilstein and fox can't go wrong depending on truck set up and what the truck is used for.

Mot people dont ever get a chance to run two different sets of shocks on the same truck they own let alone 3 or more so they rely on reviews from customers. That is what is so great ab out these kinds of threads
                  I agree with you completely. It really is all user preference.

Comment

It's definitely mind boggling to hear different opinions lol. Either way I go I'm just looking for the front end to have more stiffness since there is so much weight there. I have thought about the 5100s with the remote resivoir up front, but heard foxs are more stiff.

Comment

Yes the Foxes with Res will be more stiffer. The Fox 2.0 are valved for the weight and off road and will be stiffer than the 5100's
                      That is what I have been hearing comparing the two in ride quality. The Fox with the res is a little pricey so from what people say I think I will be totally satisfied with just the 2.0 ones.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                      X