Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMAXSTORE Service Facility Engine Work

This is the spot to see some of the engine work being done here at the DMAXSTORE stay tuned for updates!
    2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Did some engine tear down to verify a oil consumption problem. Getting ready for a new engine.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1476759936.01.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	4065Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1476759936.12.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	4066

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

After some internal inspection it's time to pull this LB7 and get this truck back to work.

Attached Files

Comment

Busy day at the Dmaxstore service department. Engine work o-plenty!http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58084ae1...019_144939.mp4

Attached Files

Comment

This truck is getting a motor after finding the main caps loose. Previous shop did not torque to spec. Truck is also getting a DMAX stage 5 build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

New engine ready for install , sixsixtech is killing it with all our engine work

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by six six tech

This truck is getting a motor after finding the main caps loose. Previous shop did not torque to spec. Truck is also getting a DMAX stage 5 build!

Finally getting this LBZ together with ARP studded top and bottom end. ATI dampener, cheetah 63mm turbo, PPE manifolds and up pipes, and lots more!!
              More progress on the way!

Comment

LBZ getting some new head gaskts, ARP studs and its final torque before it goes back into its home.

Comment

LBZ motor is bout ready to get put back in.

Getting a new H20 pump. If only they were this easy to do when the motors were in the truck!

Comment

This customer came in to get his Fusion Bumpers put on. Got them shot with Line-X to match his flares and rockers. Getting Rigid LED front and rear as well.

This LMM is having all the fun (pretty much exactly how I want mine). So the trans is built (posted pics of it last week - Stage 5 Dmax), and now the motor is getting finished up. Some of the goodness going into this motor: S&S 60% over injectors, Dmax Store Max-Flow up pipes & manifolds, High Tech Turbo Powermax 64mm charger, Dmax Store Max-Flow downpipe, ARP studs, tunes by Idaho Rob @atp and some Kryptonite Xtreme Motor Mounts to hold all that power in the truck. This this is gonna be extremely driveable but be able to get with it at a moments notice, mild to wild with the twist of a DSP5 switch. After the motor we are going to do some Kryptonite steering and suspension upgrades to harness the power.

Comment

Motor is about ready to get put back in. All I can say is I WANT!

Comment

Tthe LMM thats been getting all the upgrades on the engine stand is finally back in its home. Changes from the last pics would include the new ATI Super Damper and Dmax Store Complete Water Pump Replacement Kit. Gotta love the shinny red cover and if you are doing the water pump a absolute must is replacing the coolant bypass hose and of course a TIG welded impeller!

Comment

Keep that oil cool!

So not a whole lot of people monitor oil temps. A few months back I put in a triple gauge pillar, and aside from my EGT and boost gauges I got a engine oil temp gauge. What I noticed is that for the most part, you will see the engine oil start to heat up before the coolant (great early indicator) even if EGT's are in check. Once you see the engine oil heat up, you will also notice a drop in oil pressure. Luckily, we have a shop truck that is also a great test bed. It also has a engine oil temp sensor installed in it, and hooked up to a CTS. With summer time heat, lots of towing and grades, it the perfect time to test a oil cooler. Currently being installed in the shop, is a Cross Diesel Performance oil cooler. Stay tuned for more pics and test results coming soon.

Comment

Cooler looks great.
                            -Jimmy
                            08' Silverado 3500HD CCLB LMM 4x4 - Build Thread
                            02' Silverado 2500HD CCLB LB7 4x4 - RIP 12/15/2016

Comment

So on this LMM, with the aftermarket bumper, we decided to flip the bracket to tuck the cooler up closer to the cross member. Pros: it wont be as likely to get taken out by a rock or debris. Cons: not quite as much air is going to go through it.

And the bracket, after modifying it, and adding in some holes so air could go through it since we are running it flipped.

The pic can be deceiving, but the bracket is covering less than half the cooling area, and with the added holes it will still be getting flow on the covered section. A little less of the additional cooling is better than a hole and no oil!

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                              X