Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some cooling upgrades and a built trans going into this LMM...

Comment

Some more tranny build action, this Stage 5 Dmax Store trans is going to be put in a 5 speed LB7.

Comment

This one is in getting the stock OEM trans cooler replaced with the big BD cooler...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Those red trannys look amazing, would love to see more step by step building on the Allison though

Comment

Originally posted by BBgun
            Those red trannys look amazing, would love to see more step by step building on the Allison though
            We will get something going for you 👍

Comment

Going to stop by you guys today hopefully for the first time to pick up a LLY S&B mouthpiece if you have it in stock. Would love to see the shop. Want one of those stage 5 beauties from you guys eventually.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Andremaxproblems
                Going to stop by you guys today hopefully for the first time to pick up a LLY S&B mouthpiece if you have it in stock. Would love to see the shop. Want one of those stage 5 beauties from you guys eventually.

We normally keep the LLY mouth piece in stock. Stop by and grab a T-Shirt. We always like to see new faces. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D

We normally keep the LLY mouth piece in stock. Stop by and grab a T-Shirt. We always like to see new faces. 👍

Cool. Will see you guys this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Andremaxproblems
                    Cool. Will see you guys this afternoon.

You guys rock! Thanks for the shirt sticker and advice. Very cool shop you guys have there and the display area us awesome

Comment

Another trans built. What the customer wants, the customer gets. There was a special request on this one for paint and laser engraving...

Going up...

Comment

This LMM is getting a built trans.

Comment

This customer had his truck towed in, it wouldn’t move under its own power. Snapped transmission input shaft can make that happen. Freshening up the transmission while it’s out.

Comment

Gears! Swapping out the stock 3.73's for 4.56's.

One of the most common things we hear is "My truck has plenty of power to pull the bigger wheels/tires". Few things to remember, OEM rims/tires are close to 55lbs a piece, 35's with aftermarket wheels are in the 100lb range, thats almost double the rotating weight. Aside from the weight check out RPM, these trucks are happiest and most efficient at 1800-1900 RPM, you will get lower EGT's and better throttle response. Dont forget your transmission, gearing will also take some of the load off your tranny.

This truck getting geared is actually my personal truck. With my truck I currently have/had 35's with stock gearing, but also have a bigger 64mm turbo with 10 blade turbine. My truck is a DD/commuter during the week, and on weekends I tow tractors, livestock trailers and am looking at getting a big 5th wheel toy hauler. I also live in the mountains, and majority of my driving is windy roads. Yes the truck has the power to pull the bigger tires, but IMO they drive way better with gears. Easier taking off from a start, and keeps the truck in the power range, so if you need to accelerate you aren't going to get lag and a ton of smoke. I normally drive 70-75mph empty, 65 mph towing. That puts me at 1900ish RPM normal driving (with 35's), which is where my truck is super happy. Stock gears that closer to 1500 rpm, which is way higher EGT's and laggy...

Here is a nice rule of thumb on gearing...
                            2001-2005: Duramax trucks with 5 speed Allison, Stock Ratio is 3:73

33"-35" Tall tires we recommend running a 4:10 gear ratio. This will put you back to stock with 35" tires. With 33-34" tires you will be slightly lower than stock.

37"-38"-40" Tall tires we recommend running a 4:56 gear ratio. With 40" tires you will be exactly back to stock gearing. With 38"-37" tires you will be slightly lower than stock. However we recommend bieng lower than stock to help correct the heavy weight of these large tires.

40"-42" Tall tires we recommend a 4:88 gear ratio. With a 40" tire you will be slightly lower than stock. The lower ratio is better if you are looking to improve towing performance.

2006-2010 : Duramax trucks with 6 speed Allison, Stock Ratio is 3:73

32"-34" Tall tires we recommend running a 4:10 gear ratio. This will put you back to stock with 33" tires. With 32" tires you will be slightly lower than stock.

35"-36" Tall tires we recommend running a 4:56 gear ratio. This will put you back to stock with 36" tires. With 35" tires you will be slightly lower than stock.

37"-42" Tall tires we recommend running a 4:88 gear ratio. With 37" tires you will be slightly lower than stock. However we recommend being lower than stock to help correct the heavy weight of these large tires.

Comment

This gorgeous L5P running 35x12.50r22’s and a Cognito lift is back in the shop to get some Nitro 4.56’s gears put in, will be a tow beast!

Comment

42”s on a stock 5 speed LLY, time for a tranny build....

Then enjoy!

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                                X