Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the new rules for 2018?

Whats everyones thoughts on the new rules (no more 1/4, but 1/8 mile)?

04 December 2017 The National Hot Rod Diesel Association has announced the rules for the 2018 NHRDA Hot Shot's Secret Diesel Drag Racing Series and NHRDA Diesel Sled Pulling Series. These rules will be in effect for all 2018 NHRDA events. The biggest changes are in the Super Street and Pro Street classes, both of these classes will be now be 1/8th mile classes.

New for 2018:
    Pro Street: 1/8th Mile Finish-line. Auto-Trans & Lower Engine containment device required
    Super Street: 1/8th Mile Finish-line, 2WD Minimum weight: 5,300 lbs, Vehicle must have OE style rear leaf springs, OE or factory style rear sway bar allowed

http://www.nhrda.com/news_results_detailed.php?id=3440

not real excited about the 1/8 mile run, will have to see how it works for the start of the season.

Comment

I think they should leave it at the 1/4 mile length. I feel that maybe there is a little fear from the lighter cars not being able to run speeds and time that a 6000 to 8000 lb truck are doing. what happens if you were to put the same motor in a 2000lb car? or is it a speed issue? or both weight and speed.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMax63
        I think they should leave it at the 1/4 mile length. I feel that maybe there is a little fear from the lighter cars not being able to run speeds and time that a 6000 to 8000 lb truck are doing. what happens if you were to put the same motor in a 2000lb car? or is it a speed issue? or both weight and speed.
        These rules are most likely to make it more competitive and some new safety rules. Safety is good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Safety is always a good thing. It will be interesting to see how it all effects the setup now.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
          X