Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smog not ready

My 2001 lb7 keeps showing 2 circuits are not ready for smog inspection. Last time (2 years ago) took about a 50 mile drive to be ready. Now driving hundreds of miles and still not ready?!
    just changed glow plugs and no codes coming up. I read on line another dmax owner (2002 lb7) has the same problem and has driven 2000 miles?!

Originally posted by 123Bungart View Post
    My 2001 lb7 keeps showing 2 circuits are not ready for smog inspection. Last time (2 years ago) took about a 50 mile drive to be ready. Now driving hundreds of miles and still not ready?!
    just changed glow plugs and no codes coming up. I read on line another dmax owner (2002 lb7) has the same problem and has driven 2000 miles?!
    Welcome and thank you for joining. Sometimes a monitor will not run because there is an issue, even though there are not any codes or a certain parameter is not met. If you have driven the vehicle multiple different key cycles in different types of driving conditions, then I would think it is not a parameter issue. It would be a good idea to make sure your truck has the latest software updates from GM as well. Depending on which monitor you have that has not run yet, I'd recommend having that system verified to be in good working condition even though it is not setting any codes.
    Last edited by DmaxStoreAustin; 02-11-2020, 02:38 PM.
    Give us a call for all your Duramax needs! 877-469-3629

Comment

I’ve been trading with dmax store and have used their shop as well. They are awesome! I called them as I had bought calibrations from them several years ago. They recommended removing it and reloading stock program as this may make everything fall into place. I’m not the most savvy at computer stuff but I have a friend/mechanic who is going to help me this Friday. Anyone have any input dos and donts before we tackle this would be appreciated. They told me do pull the fuse on the aftermarket stereo. Thanks

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
      X