No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time coming...

Hello all from Washington!

I have an '08 2500HD Silverado I bought used in 2014. Absolutely love my truck and I have been wanting to modify it since I bought it. The P0087 code has forced me to look more seriously into this. I tow a 45' toy hauler.

Long story short, I placed an order for some parts on Saturday! So stoked!

Thanks to AC and the info/help in ordering! Can't wait to start the journey on this build. This IS just the start...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DmaxStoreAustin; 03-28-2019, 07:47 AM.

Welcome! Thanks for the purchase! Sounds like a great truck, you will have to get some pictures posted of it! A few staff here have toy haulers, a 45' is no joke though!

Your truck will definitely be happy with cleaner fuel and more of it on tap plus air and exhaust!

Comment

Thanks Jimmy! I'll post pics soon!

Comment

A couple things not mentioned ...

6" ProComp lift
        35x12.5 Falken Wildpeak M/T
        Overload leaf springs
        Airbags

Comment

Very nice. Did you re-gear for the 35’s?

Comment

No I haven't. I need suggestions! Owned it for a few years but it's my first so I really could use the help. Tell me about re-gearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lem View Post
              No I haven't. I need suggestions! Owned it for a few years but it's my first so I really could use the help. Tell me about re-gearing.

Stock tire size on your truck was somewhere around 31" weighing in around 45-50 lbs. Bigger 35's are going to be around 75lbs and obviously 35' in diameter. So you have not only the bigger tire making it like pushing a taller gear ratio, but you also are turning way more weight. The bigger tire will make your truck run lower RPM which will give you less boost, less boot will run hotter EGT's and generally be a bit harder on your transmission and drive train.

Changing the ratio to compensate for your larger tires will help improve fuel economy, lower EGT temps, restore towing performance, and put less stress on your transmission and drivetrain.

With a 35" tall tires we recommend running a 4:56 gear ratio. This will put you back to stock with 36" tires. With 35" tires you will be slightly lower than stock. Towing will be a big difference, specially a good sized trailer like yours.

Comment

Thanks! I will plan on that next.

Comment

A big Hello from Utah

Comment

Hello DirtyMax63!

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                    X