Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust odor

Hello all. I have a 2008 dmax that went into limp mode. After checking the computer, they found a trouble code for bad mass air flow (P0101) and manifold absolute press sensor (p0106). After cleaning these, I have a bad odor coming from the exhaust. What may be wrong?

Thanks.

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    Hello all. I have a 2008 dmax that went into limp mode. After checking the computer, they found a trouble code for bad mass air flow (P0101) and manifold absolute press sensor (p0106). After cleaning these, I have a bad odor coming from the exhaust. What may be wrong?

Thanks.
    Is the odor coming from the tail pipe or under the hood? If you just cleared all codes and restarted the truck it may be in re-gen mode now.

Comment

Odor is coming from the tail pipe. It doesn't seem to be a strong as it once was, but is still a strong odor. It's like it's running lean. Seems to get better after a trip of high speed running. Then comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman
        Odor is coming from the tail pipe. It doesn't seem to be a strong as it once was, but is still a strong odor. It's like it's running lean. Seems to get better after a trip of high speed running. Then comes back.
        Did any codes come back? What DEF fluid did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dodes were clear. Seems it needed to regen a couple of times to clear out all the crap in the pipes. Working ok now. Don't need def.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
          X