Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Eastern North Carolina!

Bought my truck back in April when we had our 3rd child. Actually was signing the papers when my wife called and said they were being discharged from the hospital!! Its an '05 LLY CCSB 4x4. It was ordered by a sales manager from a local Chevy dealership and I bought it when he took ownership of his 2016 Duramax. Took me a while to find what I wanted( Epically a one owner) and my Brother in law was working here when I found it so I got the scoop on it. Only mods are a Volant CAI, S&B mouthpiece and a Superchips programmer, Bad thing is that I didn't know the problems of the LLY and head gaskets and I think the were already bad when I bought it. The tank held pressure for 4 days when I was on vacation this past week so I get to do head gaskets and studs!
    2005 CCSB 4x4

Originally posted by chevymec View Post
    Bought my truck back in April when we had our 3rd child. Actually was signing the papers when my wife called and said they were being discharged from the hospital!! Its an '05 LLY CCSB 4x4. It was ordered by a sales manager from a local Chevy dealership and I bought it when he took ownership of his 2016 Duramax. Took me a while to find what I wanted( Epically a one owner) and my Brother in law was working here when I found it so I got the scoop on it. Only mods are a Volant CAI, S&B mouthpiece and a Superchips programmer, Bad thing is that I didn't know the problems of the LLY and head gaskets and I think the were already bad when I bought it. The tank held pressure for 4 days when I was on vacation this past week so I get to do head gaskets and studs!

That sucks but it is really common on the LLY. Still should be a good truck once studed. Also make sure to address the Tcase so it's solid. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

That sucks but it is really common on the LLY. Still should be a good truck once studed. Also make sure to address the Tcase so it's solid. 👍
      I haven't looked much into the T/C repair but the 4x4 gets a workout with me. I hunt in it so it gets used well.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
      X