Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFI live not working

So I bought a duramx lly and the guy said it had efi live the dsp5 swithch is there but when I turn the knob from 1 to 5 nothing happens what should I do?

You need to know how it was tuned and who tuned it? Autocal or V2? If the DSP-5 switch was not wired correctly it will not be able to access any tune except the base tune.

Comment

Like mentioned, above, would be nice to know how it was tuned and who tuned it, rather with a tuned ecm, lap top and or auto cal or v2

Might want to check and verify the switch is grounded and is hooked up correctly. Then check to see if the switch is working. The switches will go bad, not common but it can happen.

Here is my suggestion.

Since you do not know who tuned it (want to get a reputable tuner) for peace of mind have the ecm re-flashed and order new tunes from a reputable tuner and enjoy! This way you know who's tunes are there, you have the ability to grow and get adjustments to the tune if needed, you have the ability to re-turn truck to stock when needed and so on. You just never know if you have a dirty tune or unsafe tunes in the truck without knowing the history of the tuner.

Hope it helps

Comment

Fromm what I know he said he got the tunes from Idaho Rob something about he sent in the ECM I think he said so its on it that way but I'm not sure this is my first duramax I'm honestly a 12 valve guy so there was no computer stuff. Thank for all the help hopefully I can figure it out how much does it cost to have the ecm reflashed

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryMax View Post
          Fromm what I know he said he got the tunes from Idaho Rob something about he sent in the ECM I think he said so its on it that way but I'm not sure this is my first duramax I'm honestly a 12 valve guy so there was no computer stuff. Thank for all the help hopefully I can figure it out how much does it cost to have the ecm reflashed
          Well you left that out, he would be the best choice and most reputable for sure!!!!

Call Robs shop at 208-685-1000 speak with Dustin or anybody there and they can research via your vin# and let you know if Rob did tune it, what tunes you have and so on. They can also trouble shoot your DSP 5 issue. They are a great group of guys and treat there customers well.

Comment

will do thank you very much for all your help what do you think is the safest horsepower I can push that truck to and its bone stock?

Comment

What year truck?
              07 LBZ Built Transmission by Inglewood Transmission

Comment

• MysteryMax
                MysteryMax commented
                Editing a comment
                2004.5 lly

I would not do more than 80 hp tune over stock. But even then you can damage the trans
              07 LBZ Built Transmission by Inglewood Transmission

Comment

efi live responds well to the Allison at safe levels and with safer driving habits. 80-100hp is the safe range but the 5 speed allison can have issues. You need to be careful of the 4-5 up shifts in wot and the 5th gear wot pulls. Need to lock out OD if your going to do wot pulls in a stock trans and or manually down shift from 5th to 4th before you wot that guy on the free way to pass.

Keep in mind driving habits, maintenance and plain ole luck play a roll in your transmissions life. May not seem like a lot, ut 80-100hp tot he wheels really wakes these trucks up.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                X