Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max-Flow Transmission Cooler Towing Test

Max-Flow Transmission Cooler Put To The Test!
    After having the Max-Flow Arctic Allison Transmission Cooler installed on my 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LLY over at Duramax Service Center, I immediately put this to the test and towed my 2004 Mastercraft X30 up to Lake Oroville for the weekend. I had done the same tow a couple of weeks prior to establish a baseline before having the cooler installed.

This setup weighs approximately 5-6,000 lbs when loaded, the weather was also 94-98 degrees at the time of towing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	towing boat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	6045
    With the original transmission cooler towing the same trailer the transmission temperatures would range from about 190-210 when driving on the highway, I always had to keep an eye on these temps just to make sure they never got out of hand. After upgrading to the Max-Flow Arctic Allison Transmission Cooler Temps never peaked 190, and were at a steady 174-178 when on the highway. Temps stayed around 80 degrees below the ambient temp even while towing. Needless to say I was very happy with these results, making towing less stressful on this 360,000 mile LLY.

After having this transmission cooler installed for a few weeks to get a better idea of where the temps would be at when unloaded as well I found that it would regularly sit right around 140-150 on country roads, about 40-50 degrees over ambient temperature.

This is an easy way to help decrease your transmission temperatures and make towing a little less stressful if you are encountering higher transmission temperatures. One of my favorite parts about this cooler is that it is a simple direct replacement for the factory cooler, no need for aftermarket transmission cooler lines (still compatible with fleece and DRP Lines), no need for any barbed fittings or hose clamps but the oem lines fit directly into the cooler to provide a secure leak leak-free fit that will hold up for years to come.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trans cooler-3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	6046
    Attached Files

Please login or register to post.

Working...
X