No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with offset/backspacing

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I have 2006 silverado 2500hdlbz duramaxCCLB with a 6" Procomp liftthat i recently bought a few months back. I have experience with knuckle based lifts from my silverado 1500 but this is the old style pro comp liftthat uses a control arm dropand the factory knuckle. I bought the truck with this in and i'm still learning about it, but nobody seems to have one or offer any advice about it. It currently has 18x9 rockstars on it (don't make fun of me, trust me i know) with 5" backspacing and 0 offset. I tried contacting procomp directly to see what they suggest for backspacing/offset with these lifts (like BDS tells you), but they haven't got back to me. So i'm wondering what someone who knows these lifts/trucks would suggest for wheel specs and boundries to stay within to refrain from rubbing (I prefer wheels to stick out personally). To me plastic is plastic, so trimming that doesn't bother me one bit. Ideally i'd like to stay with an 18" wheel, but any suggestions would be awesome.
    Thanks a lot!
    -J.
    2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LBZ CCLB-6" Procomp lift-35" Cooper STT-4" AFE straight pipe-K&N CAI-PCV reroute-Turbo Resonator delete

Originally posted by Jabbs91 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I have 2006 silverado 2500hdlbz duramaxCCLB with a 6" Procomp liftthat i recently bought a few months back. I have experience with knuckle based lifts from my silverado 1500 but this is the old style pro comp liftthat uses a control arm dropand the factory knuckle. I bought the truck with this in and i'm still learning about it, but nobody seems to have one or offer any advice about it. It currently has 18x9 rockstars on it (don't make fun of me, trust me i know) with 5" backspacing and 0 offset. I tried contacting procomp directly to see what they suggest for backspacing/offset with these lifts (like BDS tells you), but they haven't got back to me. So i'm wondering what someone who knows these lifts/trucks would suggest for wheel specs and boundries to stay within to refrain from rubbing (I prefer wheels to stick out personally). To me plastic is plastic, so trimming that doesn't bother me one bit. Ideally i'd like to stay with an 18" wheel, but any suggestions would be awesome.
    Thanks a lot!
    -J.
    So what size tire are you wanting to run? Is your current tire rubbing?

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
    X