Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCV Reroute

I'm thinking about doing this on my '15, . Pro's, con's? Will it throw a code? Void Warranty? Any input is appreciated.

Damon

This will not void your warranty. It may not be smog legal in your area. The benefit of not having oil vapor go back into your intake and inter cooler is major.

Comment

No smog issues up here in Susanville.

Comment

I think that the 2015 Dmax has an oil separator in the PCV system that drains the oil back to the pan on the drivers side front cover near the bottom. I'll have to double check .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Originally posted by cooper669 View Post
          No smog issues up here in Susanville.
          lucky!

Comment

The LMM does have a separator here is an image of the system

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Originally posted by Dukcaln@Dmaxstore View Post

lucky!
              You not so lucky. Lol

Comment

Might be lucky as this system should keep the oil out of the turbo, intercooler, egr, intake,etc. Time will tell

Comment

I know this is an old thread. I have the Pcv reroute hose and “T” fitting to drain over board. My lml has the pan drain. I am thinking it may be a good idea to add another “T” to include the pan drain line. To keep pressure from building in the pan. So that valve covers and pan all have ambient pressure. May be a waste but since it’s there

Comment

Originally posted by Roger O’Dell
                    I know this is an old thread. I have the Pcv reroute hose and “T” fitting to drain over board. My lml has the pan drain. I am thinking it may be a good idea to add another “T” to include the pan drain line. To keep pressure from building in the pan. So that valve covers and pan all have ambient pressure. May be a waste but since it’s there
                    If this is your same project you can keep the original system but where the vapor pipe would go to the turbo inlet you could run it to atmosphere. I haven't done much research on this system. I have tested the stock LBZ and LMM pcv system and have found that there is quite a bit of vacuum on the crank case in stock form. I will have to test a LML in the near future. Hope this is helpful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Vacuum,WOW, used to have to put a vacuum pump on for power

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                      X