Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sulastic shackles

Anyone running them? How do you like them?

I am thinking if getting some in the future and want to see if they are worth the money.
    07 LBZ Built Transmission by Inglewood Transmission

Heard they are great and also not worth the money

Comment

I have read the samething. If the we're a little cheaper that would be good. 400$ for a set.

II also hear it raises the rear a little. I don't like that but they do sell a shackle to lower them some...

Comment

So you thinking of still getting these mike

Comment

Originally posted by 8aford97@gmail.com View Post
          So you thinking of still getting these mike
          Thinking yes. I don't know if I will be getting them soon though. Lol kinda pricey. It would be nice to smooth out the ride though

Comment

Originally posted by Dukcaln@Dmaxstore
            Mike

One some of the trucks it will raise the rear, not all for some reason. They will help take the jar out of the rear when hitting road bumps. Most of the benefit is when loaded or towing
            Hmmm. Well they do sell a add on shackle to lower the truck a little. I just want them for comfort while riding empty.

Comment

Just put a set on a customers truck and it raised the rear only half an inch . I measured before and after just to see. I also didn't tighten the bolts till the truck was back on all 4's as to make sure the bushings weren't preloaded. Turned out nice, drove smooth and corrected the trucks stance. Hope to get some feedback soon from the customer .
              2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Originally posted by DMAXDR View Post
                Just put a set on a customers truck and it raised the rear only half an inch . I measured before and after just to see. I also didn't tighten the bolts till the truck was back on all 4's as to make sure the bushings weren't preloaded. Turned out nice, drove smooth and corrected the trucks stance. Hope to get some feedback soon from the customer .
                Thanks for the info. I wonder if the suspension will settle after driving around? Sounds like a good mod for my truck. Thanks doc!

Comment

Originally posted by DMAXDR View Post
                  He should be doing a review that can be found in the store for the part under review
                  2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

I installed a set of shackles on my 08 2500 HD and they definitely made a difference with ride quality. The bumps are still felt but it's dampened down significantly. I would recommend them to someone looking for an improvement in their ride. The install wasn't too bad, except I had a heck of a time getting the top shackle bolts out because they were rusted. I used a punch and hammer to drive them out. Also, don't forget to remove the back four bolts that attach the bed to the frame. The bed needs to be able to elevate a little in order to get the top shackle bolts completely out.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce* View Post
                      I installed a set of shackles on my 08 2500 HD and they definitely made a difference with ride quality. The bumps are still felt but it's dampened down significantly. I would recommend them to someone looking for an improvement in their ride. The install wasn't too bad, except I had a heck of a time getting the top shackle bolts out because they were rusted. I used a punch and hammer to drive them out. Also, don't forget to remove the back four bolts that attach the bed to the frame. The bed needs to be able to elevate a little in order to get the top shackle bolts completely out.

Bruce
                      Thank you for the feedback Bruce, we are glad you like the product. We have some other tricks for removing that shackle bolt with less time in the future.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back!

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                        X