Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction Bars

Well I'd like to put some input on this subject for those of you who do not have them yet. They make such a big difference in how your truck will handle on the road or the track. Just in daily driving you find that they help with the lash you get between shifts. And if you are going to put some horse power in your truck then its a must. You would be shocked at how much your rear axle twists on the dyno its scary. So you know its doing the same thing under load on the road or track. The ones I have are custom by Moonlight Diesel. I know Dmax store sells them and runs them as well. I think you would all be happy with a set on your truck. Well I don't have a close up of them, but maybe these will work.

I have some on my truck and love them. Custom made to 79" center to center of the be in joints. MBS Diesel made mine. Justin Goode is the owner and a pretty big sled puller in the knoxville area. Seen him in a few magazines as well. Good enough for him, good enough for me.

Comment

Looks good. Do you notice the difference when you drive and through the shifts. It just smoothed everything right out. And going down the track you don't have to worry about popping that joint.

Comment

Yeah you could tell quite a bit threw the sifts. Hooks way better with no wheel hop. Definitley saving some joints.

Comment

They will Definitley help you get into the 12's Jason.

Comment

yup the more horse power you add sooner or later you'll hit that magic number and it's over with. Keep that torque on the ground
            Last edited by DirtyMax63; 10-26-2015, 02:21 PM. Reason: add

Comment

This should be a better photo. square tube turned like a diamond. I'll give the Tech that built them for me a thumbs up. Thanks Cody at Moonlight

Comment

I like the function of the traction ( antiwrap) bars but for me and how I use my truck the low hangers are not gonna make it to long. I'd like to make some that are high and tight, like I had on my crawler. Saw some on a customers rig the other day that were close to what I want to do.
                2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Do you have any pictures of them would like to see the diff

Comment

I have a picture on work pc I'll post it tomarrow
                    2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

I found a picture of a similar one on the crawler
                      Attached Files

Comment

Cool Do you still get all the support and keep the twist out. if so that's the way to go if you race and 4wheel. I don't go wheelin as much as I used to.

Comment

That style traction bar is going to limit axel wrap, sit higher but designed to allow axel articulation. Good for off road but not so good for pulling I assume.

Comment

I see. more for clearance and probably not so on the track. Its seems like you just can't have the best of both worlds. It's always one way and not so good the other. Funny thanks

Comment

These pics might be a better look of the bars I run.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                              X