Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front tire wear

Hey guys I have had bad wear in the inside of my steer tires when I bought this truck.
    2005 LLY 2 wheel drive with no lift so stock. The local tire guy said my front suspension was bad and could not align it. Well he put a crappy warrantied suspension in that didn't last a year. After that I paid more for a all Moog suspension and then aligned it with new tires. Well a year has gone by and I am getting the same exact wear on both the tires again. Is this an suspension issue, tortion bar issue or perhaps wheel bearing issue? Maybe I just need to not do business with this tire shop again. Wish I new back then about the DMAX STORE but I already spent the money so damage is done.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Andremaxproblems
    Hey guys I have had bad wear in the inside of my steer tires when I bought this truck.
    2005 LLY 2 wheel drive with no lift so stock. The local tire guy said my front suspension was bad and could not align it. Well he put a crappy warrantied suspension in that didn't last a year. After that I paid more for a all Moog suspension and then aligned it with new tires. Well a year has gone by and I am getting the same exact wear on both the tires again. Is this an suspension issue, tortion bar issue or perhaps wheel bearing issue? Maybe I just need to not do business with this tire shop again. Wish I new back then about the DMAX STORE but I already spent the money so damage is done.

So the Moog Parts most auto parts stores carry are the very poor quality line. No matter how many times you change them under warranty they will not hold up.
    Can you post some good front end pictures of your set up? Also have you adjusted the torsion bars or changed torsion keys ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D

So the Moog Parts most auto parts stores carry are the very poor quality line. No matter how many times you change them under warranty they will not hold up.
      Can you post some good front end pictures of your set up? Also have you adjusted the torsion bars or changed torsion keys ?

Ok will get some pics in the day time. Have not touched the tortion bars or changed the keys. The guy at the tire shop convinced me to by these mood parts and said it will give me no more problems if I go with the moog parts. Well I think they don't know much about the heavy duty trucks. Probably going to have to start changing the failing parts with kryptonite. Will get back to you with pictures tomorrow

Comment

Kinda hard to see anything in the pictures Mike. You tell me if you see anything wrong here

Comment

So I’m not seeing anything obvious. However the blue color of the dust boots on the Idler pivot and ball joints indicates the lower quality parts sold at most auto parts stores. I️ would change out the Idler and Idler pivot, pitman, and tie rods to start. I’m not sure what size tires you have by the pictures but they don’t seem to large. The truck is a 2 wheel drive so our XD line of parts will be all you really need. The Kryptonite product is the best but a little overkill for your situation.

Comment

So I’m not seeing anything obvious. However the blue color of the dust boots on the Idler pivot and ball joints indicates the lower quality parts sold at most auto parts stores. I️ would change out the Idler and Idler pivot, pitman, and tie rods to start. I’m not sure what size tires you have by the pictures but they don’t seem to large. The truck is a 2 wheel drive so our XD line of parts will be all you really need. The Kryptonite product is the best but a little overkill for your situation.

Thanks Mike. The tires are a little booger than stock. Going to have a talk to this tire guy and see if I can get some money back to get some of your replacement parts.

Comment

You might need to loosen the trans bracket. It depends on the cab and bed configuration.

Got it done in the dark tonight. Took out the bracket with the exhaust mount and dropped the cross member for the trans a half an inch and got it out. She is flowing freely now. 4 inch behind the turbo down. Next new turbo down pipe.
              Thanks for the fast shipping. 2 days and it was at my door

Comment

Originally posted by Andremaxproblems View Post
                Got it done in the dark tonight. Took out the bracket with the exhaust mount and dropped the cross member for the trans a half an inch and got it out. She is flowing freely now. 4 inch behind the turbo down. Next new turbo down pipe.
                Thanks for the fast shipping. 2 days and it was at my door

Glad you got it done. Enjoy the new exhaust!

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                X