Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Project Post

Starting a new topic here of my DMAX project I've started. I couldn't find a "Project Builds Topic" and seeing as I'm going to lift my truck I felt it best to start my posts here. I'll be uploading pictures ranging from bone stock, current upgrades, lift install process to finished product.

More posts to come soon.
    Last edited by Goose; 11-21-2015, 02:52 PM.

The story starts here. I first bought a 2WD 1500 Flex Fuel. Had it for about a year. Great "little" truck.

All I had ever done to it was a spray-in bedliner and bought OEM 20's for it.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Goose; 11-21-2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Then I started to think to myself, "Why didn't I get the truck I really wanted?" So I fixed that and traded in the "little truck" for the 2015 LML LTZ 4x4 Crew Cab. I love this truck.

Attached Files
      Last edited by Goose; 11-21-2015, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Uqq6BJl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1683

Bak Flip G2 Bed Cover Installed

Comment

Name:	cPH3Xfk.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	1685 Click image for larger version

Name:	VmLDFV6.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	1686

AMP Power Steps Installed

Comment

I thought the Bose system needed a bit more low end, so I installed the Kicker VSS 10" upgrade. Sounds good and super easy to install.

Name:	ldlX92i.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1688 Click image for larger version

Name:	qkkQrpO.jpg
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1689
            Last edited by Goose; 11-21-2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

My DMAX came with street mirrors, so I purchased the OE tow mirrors and installed them. The power fold works. I wired the amber clearance lights as blinkers (my door harness doesn't have the clearance wire)

The only part of the mirrors that don't work are the white LEDs that are normally activated when the bed light is turned on. I'm still trying to figure out how to wire those up.

Name:	4nOnfxs.jpg
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1691
              Last edited by Goose; 11-21-2015, 02:38 PM.

Comment

After about 3 months of researching lift kits I've settled on the Cognito Motorsports 7" - 9" Stage 2 Fox Tow kit. This kit has everything.

Name:	uwHtxxY.jpg
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1694

​I also elected to spring for the DMAX Kryptonite SS Series Center Link & Tie Rod Package. Click image for larger version

Name:	uCFKUXG.jpg
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1695

Then I thought, hell why not get a tune while at it. That being said I picked up the EFI Live Autodial Performance Package which includes a tune by Idaho Rob, Insight CTS2 and external EGT Probe. Click image for larger version

Name:	JQ1xXT6.jpg
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1696

To go with the lift I'm going to run American Force Elite SS 22x10 wheels with Toyo MTS tires. That brings us to today. I'm being told its going to be 4 to 5 weeks to receive the wheels.

Name:	gVHfvEM.jpg
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1697

But I got some good news yesterday and that is that the items I purchased through the DMAX Store shipped.

Name:	6IVl7eA.png
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1698

Progress pictures of the lift and everything else being installed to follow. I hope to have the lift installed by Christmas.

Comment

Looking good man I'm a follower as well.

Comment

Great choices and cool build
                    2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

UGH!!! Should have waited for the blackout sale. Everything I bought is on sale starting tonight. I'll consider it a $580.00 lesson.
                      Last edited by Goose; 12-02-2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Yeah you should of known better goose. At least you had money to spend. I'm just drooling.

Comment

Name:	ktQdf7G.jpg?1.png
Size:	723.3 KB
ID:	1927

Received this lil' guy today. TIME TO FLASH!!!

Comment

There you go goose, now your talking

Comment

Originally posted by Dukcaln@Dmaxstore

Goose, I sent you a private message, I can set you up with the black out savings. No worries man the DMAXSTORE can pass it on to you as well.
                              I don't have any private messages. Let's talk about options on this.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                              X