Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaking at 60mph

When i bought my lifted 2015 gmc duramax i notice it had shaking at 60mph i can feel it good in steering wife said she could feel it in passanger side not the death wobble as they say but a good annnoying shaking only at 60 well before i decided to look into that problem i deleted everything and tune it then i bought ppe tie rods thinking it might fix it but when i put it on tierod on passenger side i notice it was very close to frame so didnt think nothing of it untill i test drove it after new tierods where on and alignment ... still shaking so next i change out idler arm and pitman arm of course idle arm was bent cause tierod was almost touching frame well after that the shaking was gone but need alignment again but once i got alignment done the shaking is back not bad as it was but u can notice it ...now i can grab my ppe tierod and have movement clockwise and counter clockwise my question is the outer tierods can they already be bad? I pay a pretty penny for them want to say maybe 4 months old maybe the shaking mess them up idk i know my truck isnt going to run smooth like a Cadillac but my last duramax did on same tires which is 35 but different brand and before i started replacing steering components i did do tire balance and rotation

i been on a shutdown so havent really been under truck just wanted to know if it sounds like tierods could be causing shaking at 60 or something else

Originally posted by BattleRedLML View Post
    When i bought my lifted 2015 gmc duramax i notice it had shaking at 60mph i can feel it good in steering wife said she could feel it in passanger side not the death wobble as they say but a good annnoying shaking only at 60 well before i decided to look into that problem i deleted everything and tune it then i bought ppe tie rods thinking it might fix it but when i put it on tierod on passenger side i notice it was very close to frame so didnt think nothing of it untill i test drove it after new tierods where on and alignment ... still shaking so next i change out idler arm and pitman arm of course idle arm was bent cause tierod was almost touching frame well after that the shaking was gone but need alignment again but once i got alignment done the shaking is back not bad as it was but u can notice it ...now i can grab my ppe tierod and have movement clockwise and counter clockwise my question is the outer tierods can they already be bad? I pay a pretty penny for them want to say maybe 4 months old maybe the shaking mess them up idk i know my truck isnt going to run smooth like a Cadillac but my last duramax did on same tires which is 35 but different brand and before i started replacing steering components i did do tire balance and rotation

i been on a shutdown so havent really been under truck just wanted to know if it sounds like tierods could be causing shaking at 60 or something else
    Have you already ruled out the wheels/tires causing the shaking? What kind of tires do you have and what condition are they in? Have the tires been balanced and/or road forced recently? As for the tie rods, it should pivot a little if you are grabbing the body and trying to rotate it.
    Give us a call for all your Duramax needs! 877-469-3629

Comment

I wanna say i rule them out as before i started to replace steering components i did balance and rotation ...the are 35 firestone mt very loud it only sakes at 60 which is most speed limit where im from if i go below 60 it doesnt shake or go over 65 it doesnt shake i inspected tires good look for anything on that can cause it to shake but they still look good and btw its a weekend truck cause i have a company truck .....just strange when i replace idler arms and pitman it went away then took to alignment shop comes back not as bad but its there

Comment

I wanna say i rule them out as before i started to replace steering components i did balance and rotation ...the are 35 firestone mt very loud it only sakes at 60 which is most speed limit where im from if i go below 60 it doesnt shake or go over 65 it doesnt shake i inspected tires good look for anything on that can cause it to shake but they still look good and btw its a weekend truck cause i have a company truck .....just strange when i replace idler arms and pitman it went away then took to alignment shop comes back not as bad but its there
        I'm guessing you already checked the rest of the front end parts like the bushings, wheel bearings, steering box etc.? I know you said the tires were balanced and rotated, but do you recall if they had an issue balancing the tires or did they balance out fine? A road force balance would let you know if there is an issue with your tires. Otherwise if you have a friend or family member with the same lug pattern, try swapping those wheels/tires on momentarily and see if the problem goes away. It sounds a lot like a wheel/tire vibration.

Comment

Ive check it before adding new parts bushing etc good...ill check tires again they had no issue with balance but i didnt watch them...ill do road force balance...what a good brand tires if i was to get new ones (if i can talk wife into it lol) i got Saturday and sunday off after i install my wcfab high flow kit ill give it a good look at tires

Comment

Ive check it before adding new parts bushing etc good...ill check tires again they had no issue with balance but i didnt watch them...ill do road force balance...what a good brand tires if i was to get new ones (if i can talk wife into it lol) i got Saturday and sunday off after i install my wcfab high flow kit ill give it a good look at tires
            Toyo or Nitto tires are what we would recommend. Just to name a few, Toyo Open Country ATII, Toyo Open County MT, Nitto Trail Grappler MT, Nitto Ridge Grappler.

Comment

just an update i got the nitto ridge grapple had them install yesterday and problem is fix A LOT quieter and smooter

Comment

just an update i got the nitto ridge grapple had them install yesterday and problem is fix A LOT quieter and smooter
                Glad it's fixed. I run the Nitto Ridge Grapplers as well and they are a great all around tire.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                X