Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beans sump

Going to be installing a beans sump in the near future. Any tips or tricks you guys recommend? I have already talked to Jason at the dmaxstore about his install and I feel pretty confident installing one. I just want to hear other tips that may help.
    07 LBZ Built Transmission by Inglewood Transmission

Hopefully I'll have some for ya mike, but your already smarter then me. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by 8aford97@gmail.com View Post
      Hopefully I'll have some for ya mike, but your already smarter then me. Lol
      I'm not smarter than you Russ. I just think too much. Lol

Comment

My piece of advice is make sure you know where the tank module is and where the float and arm are before drilling the tank. You only get one shot!!
        Attached Files
        2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Originally posted by DMAXDR View Post
          My piece of advice is make sure you know where the tank module is and where the float and arm are before drilling the tank. You only get one shot!!
          Easy for you guys to say with spare tanks laying in the spare parts room. Lol.

Comment

True, but if you use the top of the tank sending unit location as a reference you should be just fine
            2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

I will be installing mine just like you did Jasons

Comment

Same here Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukcaln@Dmaxstore
                  you all will be fine. Just be left or right of the sending unit by a few inches and when drilling use lite pressure when you break through the tank you won't push the drill pieces up into the tank hitting the float or float arm.

Another tip would be to make sure the edges are free of plastic shavings whipping with a rag in and out. I seen the DR on mine take a blade and go around the hole to make sure the plastic was clean of spurs so the sump and plate wilil sit flush against the tank and not cause leaks.
                  Great tips Jason. I will make sure it's flush and and plastic spurs are cut out with a tax on knife.

Comment

Good tips! This will help other members that do this mod!

Comment

I see you guys have this DieselRX sump up now. Any pros or cons. Thinking about having you guys put one in and also look over my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukcaln@Dmaxstore

Great kit as well as the BD kit. I like the BD kit but the RX is great too. I got pictures of my install, should post it up. Guys inthe shop did it. I can say no 1/4 issues anymore and my FASS is slightly more quiet. Come on by and get the work done and say hello.

How is your baby running?
                        She is running good. Want you guys to give it a good checking over. Probably gonna have the sump put in...depends on prices. Plus I need to get some optilube.

Comment

I originally planned on going with a Beans as well when putting in a Air Dog for the Dmaxstore but I came across this one with a return line and decided to give it a try. So far so good, no leaks and went as well as one could hope when drilling a 3" hole into a perfectly good tank!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                          X