Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to an lbz pump on an lb7

Hi, new to the forum. Coming at you from the frozen great white north of Canada. Anyways long story short i have to do injectors in my stock 2001 sierra 2500hd. Only things done are a Fass signature 95 gal lift pump and a Edge cts2. I was wondering if on the stock tune if a guy could put in a Lbz pump and run it until he can get it tuned. We are talking a few months to a year, will see use as a work truck/ tow unit before ready to do the next stage

Originally posted by Northern Redneck
    Hi, new to the forum. Coming at you from the frozen great white north of Canada. Anyways long story short i have to do injectors in my stock 2001 sierra 2500hd. Only things done are a Fass signature 95 gal lift pump and a Edge cts2. I was wondering if on the stock tune if a guy could put in a Lbz pump and run it until he can get it tuned. We are talking a few months to a year, will see use as a work truck/ tow unit before ready to do the next stage
    Hi, and welcome!
    The LBZ injection pump can be used in your LB7 but will need a calibration adjustment for your truck to run properly. I have not ever tried to drive or run this set up with out adjusting the calibration. I do know that it will have drivability concerns. Unstable idle ,incorrect rail pressure for a given Regulator current value. I believe it's best to get a tune / calibration for that pump when its installed right from the start. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Actually this is exactly what i was after, i was trying to save myself some work later down the road is all, truck has 380k on it, and im right in the rust belt. Salt wasn't so bad, now they use Potash, Better for the environment (its fertilizer) but it loves metal. So any sort of small bolts don't stand a chance of coming undone. And my thoughts are im going to be right there working anyways might as well only be frustrated once and call it a day. My plans are to replace all the high pressure fuel lines, injector lines, injector harnesses, valve cover bolts,assorted gAskets and seals, injectors possibly injector cups and return lines. I have ready changed out the low pressure fuel lines with gm pieces. Plans are to keep the truck forever as it was my dads and i got it when he passed a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Redneck View Post
        Actually this is exactly what i was after, i was trying to save myself some work later down the road is all, truck has 380k on it, and im right in the rust belt. Salt wasn't so bad, now they use Potash, Better for the environment (its fertilizer) but it loves metal. So any sort of small bolts don't stand a chance of coming undone. And my thoughts are im going to be right there working anyways might as well only be frustrated once and call it a day. My plans are to replace all the high pressure fuel lines, injector lines, injector harnesses, valve cover bolts,assorted gAskets and seals, injectors possibly injector cups and return lines. I have ready changed out the low pressure fuel lines with gm pieces. Plans are to keep the truck forever as it was my dads and i got it when he passed a few years ago.
        That sounds like a good plan. Let us know if you need help sourcing anything.
        Give us a call for all your Duramax needs! 877-469-3629

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
        X