Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel lines

Hey all, after finding the small leak in my fuel line that caused a no start I want to change all of them. Is there anything wrong with using good rubber hose like the Parker lines rather than the expensive and rust prone gm stuff. Looks like 10 feet of 1/2 i/d and 10 feet ofrom 3/8 id would do it, or bad idea. Thanks Chuck

chuck, I am sure the DMAXDR will chime in soon..... One of our master techs/mechanic/wizard

Comment

Originally posted by 1129chuck View Post
      Hey all, after finding the small leak in my fuel line that caused a no start I want to change all of them. Is there anything wrong with using good rubber hose like the Parker lines rather than the expensive and rust prone gm stuff. Looks like 10 feet of 1/2 i/d and 10 feet ofrom 3/8 id would do it, or bad idea. Thanks Chuck
      ​We use Aeroquip hose and it is available through our online store in the fuel system section and is sold by the foot. It is an excellent product ,abrasion resistant and stiff enough to reduce kinking. I will try and find the spec sheet.
      2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Thanks, I am getting ready to buy an airdog from you all, with what comes in the airdog kit, what else fuel line wise do I need for the rest of the suction and return lines. Also, rather than running the fuel filter delete with the airdog, can I just run the lines straight to and from the cp3 for a cleaner install and less chance of issues with the factory filter head set up. Thanks all, I wish I lived closer, but you guys are my place to buy from. always great info, Chuck

Comment

Part # FC332-08
          Eaton AEROQUIP SOCKETLESS HOSE 1/2
          FC332-08 description:
          Manufacturer = Eaton Aeroquip ; Description = Low Pressure
          SOCKETLESS™ Textile Braid ; Construction = AQP elastomer
          tube, textile braid reinforcement, AQP elastomer cover. ;
          Application = For gasoline, fuel and lubricating oils, air
          and water. Not recommended for hydraulic impulse
          applications and not approved for airbrake applications. For
          more information on specific fluid applications and high
          temperature ratings, ; Operating Temperature Range (°F) =
          –40°F to +302°F - Air not to exceed +121°C [+250°F] and
          water not to exceed +82°C [+180°F] ; Hose I.D. (in.) = 0.50
          ; Hose O.D. (in.) = 0.75 ; Maximum Operating Pressure (psi)
          = 300 ; Minimum Burst Pressure (psi) = 1200 ; Minimum Bend
          Radius (in.) = 3.00 ; Vacuum Service (in/Hg) = 28 ; Reel
          Quantity (ft.) = 250 ; Fittings = Eaton Aeroquip Socketless
          ; Note = ; Weight (per ft.) = 0.15 lbs
          2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

When we install AIR DOG systems we bypass the factory supply lines from the tank all the way to the hard line quick connect at the engine. This allows the least amount of restrictions and removed the factory flex lines that have been a problem . The factory flex lines are a hard plastic line with a braded outer cover. The inner plastic hose can and does kink and cause restrictions. From the supply at the tank remove the OE hose and use a suitbable plug the cap the quick connect. Run the supplied hose from the tank to the AIR DOG cutting line to correct length and connecting both ends with supplied barbed fitting.Using a hose clamp on the hoses at the barbed fitting is a good idea. The return line can be run back along the frame and up the the filler neck with out shortening as a loop is needed to put hose in the correct orientiation. The outlet hose is long enough to run all the way to the engine fuel inlet line. I like to run this inside the frame rail to the front of the cab an then outside of the harness at the fire wall to keep it away from the exaust. It helps to remove the drivers inner fender well. Route the supply hose under the brake booster and to the engine inlet fitting. The AIR DOG should be positioned so the inlet fitting is facing the rear and the outlet and return fittings are facing the front of the truck.
            The return lines are not a problematic but should be checked for being kinked or collapsed.

Comment

The kits contain these items

Comment

Originally posted by 1129chuck View Post
                Thanks, I am getting ready to buy an airdog from you all, with what comes in the airdog kit, what else fuel line wise do I need for the rest of the suction and return lines. Also, rather than running the fuel filter delete with the airdog, can I just run the lines straight to and from the cp3 for a cleaner install and less chance of issues with the factory filter head set up. Thanks all, I wish I lived closer, but you guys are my place to buy from. always great info, Chuck
                I would keep the filter head installed ,with the AIR DOG you can keep the OE style filter or use our CAT filter kits. As for plumbing straight to and from the injection pump not necessary.
                You could also install our DMAX filter head and W.I.F plug to further reduce possible filter head failures.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                X