This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up pipes and manifolds

I can say a little something on this as well. I put PPE race manifolds and up pipes on did see an increase in response and Hp as well as drop in EGT's. Great mod to do if your heads need to come off or your cab is up in the air.

Got these on my truck and noticed a difference in egts. Couldn't tell HP wise with the butt dyno, but I'm sure there was some gains.

Comment

Your drive pressures drop as well I had about 8-9 lbs which was helpful

Comment

Ppe just came out with carb legal up pipes for stock manifolds.
        07 LBZ Built Transmission by Inglewood Transmission

Comment

That's good. Where I live they just started emissions testing and regs guess it makes it a little nice to live in no man land and the 04 I have only needs the tag on the door and motor to pass. well and it's Lb7 didn't have a cat either so I can run straight exhaust and still pass

Comment

PPE manifolds. You would not believe how may times I paint them. This go around I think I'll try powder coating and see if it last the year out.

Comment

Maybe have them jet coated to stand up to the heat better

Comment

Is that like powder coating. A few places here do a powder coat with temp ratings of 2000. the paint I used was for manifolds and rated for 1800. It would last for a month or two but once it started to come off it all comes off.

Comment

I have thought about these, but couldn't justify the price for the gains.

Comment

When you start pushing more HP you see the difference EGT's go down and drive pressures big gain,bigger turbos, injectors etc

Comment

If it made a big difference for regular pulling/hauling I'd be all over them.

Comment

They would give you better flow when towing and should bring EGT's down. And they are a little pricey

Comment

Originally posted by rsbad454 View Post
                          If it made a big difference for regular pulling/hauling I'd be all over them.
                          you would see some benefit

Comment

Yes, they are pricey, but I believe that comes from them being CARB legal.

Comment

I think that every little bit of flow or cooler EGT's, mpg's, HP you can get from something is worth it on the long haul. Well and to much of some things and you start breaking stuff as well. Racing you want it all and more,( Never Pleased) and daily driving you HP but not over kill. Any way that's my 2 cents worth

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                              X