Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric cooling fans

I'm looking into doing a flex a lite fan and getting rid of the belt driven fan. Anyone have bad or good on that. It moves 6000cfm which I think is a lot, but not sure what stock moves. I think in traffic or stop and go it would be the bomb. Any thoughts?

Great thread been curious about this myself., since I'm about 30 min from flexalites main headquarters in Milton Wa. Had them on my 1500 5.7L vortex. Loved them and that fan assembly was atleast 15lbs or more. I'm sure it will free up some ponies.

Comment

cool like to hear that. Did you tow anything heavy with them for a distance.?

Comment

Never towed heavy with my 1/2 ton, but when the temp got up to a certain ° the fans would kick on at 50% capacity, and if the temp kept climbing to another set ° it would engage 100% and kick out 5,500 cfm's. Then the temp gauge would drop like a bad habit. Stop and go traffic in the summer months in Seattle and the east of the mountains was great as well.

Comment

That sounds like they do a good job thanks

Comment

Your welcome Dirty max.

Comment

I will wait until the Dr chimes in on this

Comment

we'll be ready with bells on

Comment

I do know that some say its not suggested for traditional towing and some have tried it with success. So I am curious about this as well. It is something you typically do not see in the diesel world

Comment

I only tow a small fishing boat now, and when I upgrade the turbos I'm sure anything over 8000-9000lbs would need to be tow at 90mph to keep the egt's in check or way lower gear and keep the rpm's up

Comment

I have read they will not move enough air when towing or towing heavy
                      07 LBZ Built Transmission by Inglewood Transmission

Comment

thanks for that input, I'll have to ask them what if any towing capacity is.

Comment

Back in the day I installed several sets of flex a lite fans on specialty Tahoes to combat over heating during extended idle periods with A/C on max. These were also Black on Black and spent a alot of time in 100+ deg. Temps. The fans worked great! Also have used them on rock crawlers making good power. Worked great! We are going to be installing a flex a lite setup on the D/D drag truck. I'm looking forward to seeing how it will work on a Dmax. Another bonus is the added room in front of the LMM engine.Cuz there will be more in store for this truck in the future. Just need to get the built engine in and start testing.
                          2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Really good news. I like hearing that. The extra room for one or two more cp3s or induction turbo'? My son wants me to put three on this time while it's down. Kids...... Only thing is he'll end up talking me into. I need to hide from him for a while.

Comment

Well cooling fans showed up today. Look awesome. Hope they work as good as they look. Can't wait to try them out this season. They will definitely give you room to put a few more goodies under the hood. Got me thinking now. That's trouble. Flex A Lite #284

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                              X