Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter fuse no power

I Have a 08 LMM that will not crank with the key, but will start if I jump the relay. All fuses and relays are good, no codes, no security lights, the mega fuses are all good. The BCM reads the key position, the ignition module in the column has been replaced. Everything worked fine before I replaced my turbo and now I have no power at the starter 40 amp fuse. Nothing shorted out and everything is connected.

Originally posted by Alex View Post
    I Have a 08 LMM that will not crank with the key, but will start if I jump the relay. All fuses and relays are good, no codes, no security lights, the mega fuses are all good. The BCM reads the key position, the ignition module in the column has been replaced. Everything worked fine before I replaced my turbo and now I have no power at the starter 40 amp fuse. Nothing shorted out and everything is connected.
    Hello Alex,

Have you checked the starter signal wire? We'd recommend chasing that wire down in the harness to make sure there are no issues with the wiring. We have seen a few with breaks in the wiring near the driver side boost tube and along the lower front edge of the engine as well.
    Give us a call for all your Duramax needs! 877-469-3629

Comment

Originally posted by DmaxStoreAustin View Post

Hello Alex,

Have you checked the starter signal wire? We'd recommend chasing that wire down in the harness to make sure there are no issues with the wiring. We have seen a few with breaks in the wiring near the driver side boost tube and along the lower front edge of the engine as well.

The signal wire is good, the fuse is good. I am not getting power to the 40 amp fuse itself in the fuse block. I can start the truck by jumping the starter relay though.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
      X