Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2020 3.0 silverado dmax questions

I'm new to Diesels and need advise. I'm looking at the new 2020 1500 Chevy with 3/0 Duramax. I live in Nevada and have found trucks with Federal emission compliant and have also found trucks with California emission compliant stickers. I need to know the difference between the two units as far as mechanical items, I have gotten answers form; "just the sticker", one more sensor in the exhaust system, different cat converter, but they are all followed with "I think". I can't believe its just the sticker, I can understand the added sensor, but NOBODY is willing to say what difference they will make in the trucks performance. Any help form a Diesel expert would be great.

Thanks Hercules100

Originally posted by hercules100 View Post
    I'm new to Diesels and need advise. I'm looking at the new 2020 1500 Chevy with 3/0 Duramax. I live in Nevada and have found trucks with Federal emission compliant and have also found trucks with California emission compliant stickers. I need to know the difference between the two units as far as mechanical items, I have gotten answers form; "just the sticker", one more sensor in the exhaust system, different cat converter, but they are all followed with "I think". I can't believe its just the sticker, I can understand the added sensor, but NOBODY is willing to say what difference they will make in the trucks performance. Any help form a Diesel expert would be great.

Thanks Hercules100
    Welcome and thanks for joining. Since that truck is so new, we haven't put our hands on one yet and there does not seem to be any information regarding what is different between the CA and Federal emissions trucks. We highly doubt it is just a sticker. On the older model trucks, the Federal trucks had less emissions equipment compared to the California trucks. For instance on the 2001-2004 LB7 engines, the California trucks had an EGR, EGR Cooler, and catalytic converter whereas the Federal trucks did not have any of those parts. We would recommend finding out if you can register the Federal emissions truck where you live. If you can, the Federal emissions trucks are usually more ideal than the CA emissions trucks. Sorry we could not give you a positive answer at this time, but we will be sure to update this post when more information is available.
    Give us a call for all your Duramax needs! 877-469-3629

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
    X