Thick black oil coming from crankcase vent tube HELP!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thick black oil coming from crankcase vent tube HELP!

so i noticed oil drops on my driveway and discovered its coming from the crankcase vent tube that is situated underneath the cab right under the rear door on the driver side (2006 LBZ CC) i did the blow by test with the oil cap and nothing. Now if i place my hand under the opening of the crankcase vent tube i do feel some air or pressure coming out but not a lot. It's pretty think but not goopy and pretty black. I checked the engine oil to see if there is fuel in it but it checked out fine. Anyone have an idea what it could be? Pistons? Seals? Help!

Is the truck modified in any way?
    How many miles are on it?

Comment

260k miles
      EFI live
      Air Dog
      PPE Down Pipe
      4'' striaght pipe
      S&B intake
      7'' lift on 35's

Comment

Have you changed your oil recently? If it is overfull it can push some oil out.

Comment

not recently but its almost about that time

Comment

Originally posted by SpoolCity_6.6
            so i noticed oil drops on my driveway and discovered its coming from the crankcase vent tube that is situated underneath the cab right under the rear door on the driver side (2006 LBZ CC) i did the blow by test with the oil cap and nothing. Now if i place my hand under the opening of the crankcase vent tube i do feel some air or pressure coming out but not a lot. It's pretty think but not goopy and pretty black. I checked the engine oil to see if there is fuel in it but it checked out fine. Anyone have an idea what it could be? Pistons? Seals? Help!
            That is oil vapor that has accumulated, I normally see that type of oil from the crank case vent when it has been rerouted like yours. With out a catch can it will eventually drip out the end. You can remove and clean out hose, install a catch can or just oil the road. Hope this helps👍🤠

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
            X