Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing temperature

My 2002 gmc is stock other than a lift pump, dmax full flow left manifold and 4 inch exhaust. The engine temperature will get up to 224 on my torque app. Truck gauge will show a little bit over 210 on the dash. Transmission temperature runs at 190. This is when I am towing my fifth wheel up a 6 percent grade for eleven miles when the temperature is 75 degrees outside. I weigh 19000 pounds all hooked up. The fan comes on at 200 degrees. I am in the tow / haul mode. I am not flooring it ,just letting it run up the hill at 45mph. Is this about normal temperature range for these pickups .! Also it has california emissions minus exhaust . Am I worried about nothing? Seems warm to me.

For that kind of weight with that long of a grade that is that steep that doesn't sound out of the ordinary. If you are towing that much you might want to get a EGT gauge just to keep an eye on things, but sounds like you have a healthy truck.

Comment

Thanks for your help! I plan on efi live and edge monitor later this year.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
      X