Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLY Stumble/Hesitation off Idle

I have a 05 HD2500 CCSB 4x4 LLY Duramax that has a stumble/hesitation when taking off from a dead stop. Its almost like the engine starts to quit and then takes off quickly. This happens with light throttle application like there is a dead spot in the electronic throttle pedal. Other then that it runs great. I also occasional Trouble Code for a "malfunctioning multi indicator light" It usually comes on and then goes out after several starting cycles. This is my first Duramax so does anyone have any ideas.

​The engine is stock except for the Banks Ram Air intake, AFE Blade Runner Turbo Inlet, Banks Monster Exhaust and a Banks AutoMind Programmer.

Are you getting any trouble codes?
    Start with something simple and disconnect the Banks Automind. Many plug in tuners can cause communication errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did have a check engine light today but after 4 start/stop cycles it disappeared. The Banks AutoMind is a plug in program a canned tune and disconnect. I will try resetting it back to the stock tune and see what happens.

Comment

So it should have a code stored. Please post that so we can be more helpful.

Comment

Ok the stored code was P0650. The tune is set back to stock so we'll see how that works.

​I have also heard that there may be a problem with "Transfer Case Pump Rub" with some vehicles. Mine has 182K on it. Could that be a problem with mine and what should I look for or keep an eye on?
          Last edited by Scott24; 06-08-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Ok I set the tune back to stock and still have the stumble/hesitation problem.

Comment

Well the code is not related to any drive ability issue. Unfortunately u will probably need a good shop to run some diagnostics. If your near us we are happy to help.

Comment

I may be up there in July I'll stop by if I am. Do you have any recommendations for a good shop in the L.A. area?

Comment

You could try Buds Diesel Shop in Orange County.

Comment

Any more information when your DMAX has this problem? Ex. how long you've been driving, temperature, mileage, RPMs, and anything that can help.

Comment

Originally posted by HTNKLB7 View Post
                      Any more information when your DMAX has this problem? Ex. how long you've been driving, temperature, mileage, RPMs, and anything that can help.
                      ​It only happens when the truck is at operating temp. Only from a dead stop at idle. The truck starts to move with light throttle and then it seems like it looses all power and then it comes back very strong. It is not turbo lag because it just quits pulling and then comes back. It does not do it when at a dead stop you hold the brake and feed it some throttle and then release the brake. I seems like the throttle pedal has a bad spot in it but if you come almost to a dead stop but not quite it wont do it. I took it to Bud's Diesel in Midway City (Westminister, CA) and they could not find the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott24

​It only happens when the truck is at operating temp. Only from a dead stop at idle. The truck starts to move with light throttle and then it seems like it looses all power and then it comes back very strong. It is not turbo lag because it just quits pulling and then comes back. It does not do it when at a dead stop you hold the brake and feed it some throttle and then release the brake. I seems like the throttle pedal has a bad spot in it but if you come almost to a dead stop but not quite it wont do it. I took it to Bud's Diesel in Midway City (Westminister, CA) and they could not find the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
                        Still no new codes I assume? It could be something electrical that is showing up when the motor mounts move under take off when engine is warm?
                        We have had similar problems with customers trucks in house. They are difficult to find and remedy. It takes a persistent tech and good diagnostic. Chaffing wires near the EGR or even under the fuse block have been found. The pedal is a long shot but it is fairly inexpensive and easy to change.
                        Sorry man wish we could be more help through this thread. We could certainly get it on our schedule if you want to call the shop and can bring it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Still no new codes I assume? It could be something electrical that is showing up when the motor mounts move under take off when engine is warm?
                          We have had similar problems with customers trucks in house. They are difficult to find and remedy. It takes a persistent tech and good diagnostic. Chaffing wires near the EGR or even under the fuse block have been found. The pedal is a long shot but it is fairly inexpensive and easy to change.
                          Sorry man wish we could be more help through this thread. We could certainly get it on our schedule if you want to call the shop and can bring it in.

​The only code that has popped since I bought the truck is an "indicator light" malfunction but it clears on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott24

​The only code that has popped since I bought the truck is an "indicator light" malfunction but it clears on its own.
                            Let us know what happens or if you want to get on the schedule.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                            X