Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Products that work and don't work

Let's start a thread about aftermarket products that work on our trucks.

I will start.....
    I just purchased a set of reverse lights from amazon. Genssi 2x 80W CREE White 3157 3057 High Power LED 12V Turn Signal Brake Reverse https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ED3YVWS..._FhahwbY5C7VTQ
    They work good and are brighter than the Retro-Solutions reverse lights that I had.
    07 LBZ Built Transmission by Inglewood Transmission

PPE Ported Fuel Rail Fitting... Its a cheap and worthy mod
    DMAXSTORE.COM

Comment

I like the cheap and effective mods!

Comment

LML brake booster for my LBZ. Fit great just have to iron out a small wrinkle then I will be good to go. Also had some new PS lines made up. Boom shakalaka

Comment

well I'm going to do a LBZ water pump on my LB7, It's supposed to be the fix for high RPM's we'll see. the stock lb7 pump I weld the gear and impeller on, but they only last about 2-4 months.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMax63 View Post
            well I'm going to do a LBZ water pump on my LB7, It's supposed to be the fix for high RPM's we'll see. the stock lb7 pump I weld the gear and impeller on, but they only last about 2-4 months.
            I got a merchant automotive welded water pump for my lbz. I have not installed yet. If you are racing I would get/look into a pinned water pump

Comment

The weld has been fine so far up to 4300rpm. It's the seals that wont last. Socal says the LBZ pump with a LB7 water neck welded on it is what they call a high RPM LB7 pump. Supposedly is the fix?

Comment

I've even looked at and called everyone about electric water pumps no one makes one to keep up with the diesels, that I could find

Comment

The weld has been fine so far up to 4300rpm. It's the seals that wont last. Socal says the LBZ pump with a LB7 water neck welded on it is what they call a high RPM LB7 pump. Supposedly is the fix?
                  I thought the lbz wp impeller is plastic and can spin on the shaft?

Comment

I'll have to ask thought they were using metal. Good point

Comment

Originally posted by SOCALMIKE View Post

I thought the lbz wp impeller is plastic and can spin on the shaft?
                      I believe your right Mike. Its gotta be pinned or tack welded so it won't spin I believe.

Comment

This is true it does need to be welded or pinned. But the seal on them won't last longer than two months before they start to leak. I know plastic isn't going to work it won't handle the high RPM.

Comment

Edge egt probe that I had for 3yrs finally went tits up. Good product, hopefully this one lasts longer

Comment

Edge had a batch of probes that went out within a few months on the Duramax they sent one that had a ground wire that was suppose to help. Three years is good I went through about 4 in a year.

Comment

Edge had a batch of probes that went out within a few months on the Duramax they sent one that had a ground wire that was suppose to help. Three years is good I went through about 4 in a year.
                              Yeah the new one came with a little ground wire. If I get another 3yrs or more I'll be happy. 4 in a year, that sucks.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                              X