Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting Rods

Well no one has started this one yet or I missed it somewhere. I know that the rods on the LB7 are a weak link on the bottom end. When I rebuilt my motor a couple of years ago I put in Carrillo Rods. Glad I did the stock ones just don't look like the would hold much HP and the way the make them with the fracture break is just scary. I'm old school and have never seen that before I rebuilt my motor.

Originally posted by DirtyMax63 View Post
    Well no one has started this one yet or I missed it somewhere. I know that the rods on the LB7 are a weak link on the bottom end. When I rebuilt my motor a couple of years ago I put in Carrillo Rods. Glad I did the stock ones just don't look like the would hold much HP and the way the make them with the fracture break is just scary. I'm old school and have never seen that before I rebuilt my motor.
    The fractured rod is common place these days. It reduces manufacturer costs, adds a more secure rod to cap connection and is said to add to the strength and service life of the rod and bearing. Just what I've read....

Based on your trucks use I'd have done the same
    2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Wow more strength would have never thought that looking at them, cost for the manufacturer I would see that. Well interesting.

Comment

Strength as for an engine running within design intent. Not so much when most of us have doubled the factor output.
        2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

It's funny the guys at the shop were talking about rods the other day that had no bearings, not sure what car it was on but damn talk about disposable.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
          X