Allison 1000 making some ruff shift when getting on it.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D

Sorry for the late reply. We are just returning from SEMA. I think more diagnostic should be done before you go into the trans. What is the desired and actual fuel pressure when the strange shifting occurs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't have a fuel pressure reader. I also thought about that being the issue. It's only when stomping on it when it does that . When I pull my trailer and drive easy it acts just fine.
    Did a AC Delco fuel injector clean today with the half gallon jug. Also putt a bigger Cat filter on so will see when I drive it to work tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Andremaxproblems
      Don't have a fuel pressure reader. I also thought about that being the issue. It's only when stomping on it when it does that . When I pull my trailer and drive easy it acts just fine.
      Did a AC Delco fuel injector clean today with the half gallon jug. Also putt a bigger Cat filter on so will see when I drive it to work tomorrow.

Is that bigger Cat filter better and how long would you say before changing intervals?

Comment

Is that bigger Cat filter better and how long would you say before changing intervals?

If you have a Edge CTS or something similar (EFI Live and a laptop) you can read ODB2 from the truck, which will tell your actual fuel rail pressure and desired fuel rail pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by DmaxStoreJimmy

If you have a Edge CTS or something similar (EFI Live and a laptop) you can read ODB2 from the truck, which will tell your actual fuel rail pressure and desired fuel rail pressure.

Don't have efi or cts monitor. Only a bank auto mind programmer. Will get those eventually. Any other way I can read fuel pressure?
          Thanks for the reply guys. Appreciate it.

Comment

Too soon to say but cleaning those injectors made a big difference. More responsive now and so far the shifting seems much better.
            She was definitely sluggish.

Comment

Glad to hear its driving better, keep us posted.

Comment

So here it starts. Beginning of the end for my trans. Was going on freeway speed and went to overtake a bunch of slow popes well then it happened. Heard a noise and then down to 3rd limp mode at 80mph. Stopped cleared the p0700 code and lowered the tunes. It is shifting again but my question is how long till this thing leaves me stranded?

Comment

So here it starts. Beginning of the end for my trans. Was going on freeway speed and went to overtake a bunch of slow popes well then it happened. Heard a noise and then down to 3rd limp mode at 80mph. Stopped cleared the p0700 code and lowered the tunes. It is shifting again but my question is how long till this thing leaves me stranded?

The worst thing you can do is hard acceleration at freeway speeds on a big tube with a stock trans. 700 code and limp every time with an LLY. Off the line you fine but already in 4th or 5th and laying on it your playing with Fire. Either change driving habits, turn it down, or build the trans trans.
                  Typically the Allison won’t leave you stranded but it will be a major PITA until you make some change.

Comment

The worst thing you can do is hard acceleration at freeway speeds on a big tube with a stock trans. 700 code and limp every time with an LLY. Off the line you fine but already in 4th or 5th and laying on it your playing with Fire. Either change driving habits, turn it down, or build the trans trans.
                    Typically the Allison won’t leave you stranded but it will be a major PITA until you make some change.

I will be scheduling an appointment with you soon. Probably after the holidays. Just going to have to drive it like a grandpa till then .

Comment

I will be scheduling an appointment with you soon. Probably after the holidays. Just going to have to drive it like a grandpa till then .

Run Tow/Haul mode all the time. It’s better for the trans. Take it easy in the throttle at freeway speeds. Contact our service department to set up your appointment they will need around 4-6 weeks to get you in. 👍

Comment

Run Tow/Haul mode all the time. It’s better for the trans. Take it easy in the throttle at freeway speeds. Contact our service department to set up your appointment they will need around 4-6 weeks to get you in. 👍

Copy that.

Comment

Hey guys it's been a while. Trans is still going. Just running it slow and steady. Seems like now it will shift hard into 1st gear when I come to a stop. Doesn't happen all the time but happens on a regular basis. 221k miles on her now. Don't drive her daily anymore.
                          Any advice on what causes it to slam into first gear like that when coming to a stop?
                          2005 lly

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Andremaxproblems View Post
                            Hey guys it's been a while. Trans is still going. Just running it slow and steady. Seems like now it will shift hard into 1st gear when I come to a stop. Doesn't happen all the time but happens on a regular basis. 221k miles on her now. Don't drive her daily anymore.
                            Any advice on what causes it to slam into first gear like that when coming to a stop?
                            2005 lly

I conferred with our transmission wizard, he said he would start with resetting TAPS on the transmission.

Comment

I have not changed tunes but my wife did drive my truck for 2 weeks while I put a motor in her car. Maybe it is just doing it because she drove it differently? Thanks for the info.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                              X