Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 LLY allison range shift inhibited

Serviced my allison the other day with transynd and external filter. After fluid change I am having issues getting it in Reverse and range shift inhibited message comes up. Any idea what is going On?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Andremaxproblems
    Serviced my allison the other day with transynd and external filter. After fluid change I am having issues getting it in Reverse and range shift inhibited message comes up. Any idea what is going On?

Hi Andremax,
    Is your truck new to you? Is this the first time you have ever had a shift range message?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought the truck at 130k miles and it has 207k on it npw. First time I got shift range message

Comment

I got the transynd and spin on filter from you guys. It didn't act up before I changed the fluid.
        Will over filling it cause this to happen at all? I may have put a tad to much back in her

Comment

Do you have a stock trans pan which would be a shallow pan?

Comment

Yes stock. The pan is just slightly under the frame so that has to be a restock pan

Comment

Stock

Comment

Just to give you an idea I got the 2 gallon service package and used less than 2 gallons. It is showing high on the dipstick. The problem seems to be getting worse. At first it only would not go into R in the morning and now it is all the time when it's cold or up to temp

Comment

Hmm well can you post a
                  Picture of the pan please?
                  Also do you know what the NSBU switch is and where it's located?

Comment

NSBU switch is the single plug model and it's on the driver side transmission. I did replace it with a new one because I thought that was the cause of my problem

Comment

NSBU switch is the single plug model and it's on the driver side transmission. I did replace it with a new one because I thought that was the cause of my problem

You replaced it after you serviced the trans and your Shift Range message's started?
                      Please post image of your pan or take measurement of the pan depth from mounting surface.

Comment

I am out in a big rig right now so can't post picture right now.
                        I serviced the tranny and then my problems started. I was reading online about the NSBU and then I replaced it. With the new NSBU the problem was still the same.
                        Therefore I think my problem started after filling with the transynd.

Comment

Thanks for your patience. I will get a picture on here when I get back to my truck. I appreciate the help

Comment

Thanks for your patience. I will get a picture on here when I get back to my truck. I appreciate the help

Sounds good. I just want to eliminate that the previous owner may have installed an Allison deep sump pan.
                            The issue your having is not normal for just a fluid exchange.
                            Also did you put a genuine Allison or GM NSBU switch in?

Comment

This was what I put in for replacement

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                              X