No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allison 1000/M74 P0746 Code

Hi Everyone

Did some troubleshooting on the P0746 code and found a wire diagram and some spec's for the solenoids.
    Checked the solenoids with a multi-meter thru the main electrical connector, my diagram showed that pins "L" & "M" are the positive and negative for the trim A solenoid from the "L" pin witch my diagram shows as trim solenoid A power i get continuity to the case of the transmission.
    Am i correct to assume this is not supposed to happen and the solenoid is shorted.

Thanks
    Neil

neil, hope fully the DMAXDR will chime in. You can PM him as well

Comment

Originally posted by neil504 View Post
      Hi Everyone

Did some troubleshooting on the P0746 code and found a wire diagram and some spec's for the solenoids.
      Checked the solenoids with a multi-meter thru the main electrical connector, my diagram showed that pins "L" & "M" are the positive and negative for the trim A solenoid from the "L" pin witch my diagram shows as trim solenoid A power i get continuity to the case of the transmission.
      Am i correct to assume this is not supposed to happen and the solenoid is shorted.

Thanks
      Neil
      Just saw your post I'll look into what you've got going on when I get in to the shop on the morning and get back to you ASAP.
      2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

What year is your DMAX and what upgrades have been done. The trans code that you have is a code that will set if there is a oncoming clutch apply that is slipping , a flare or did not apply, it is possible to have a trim solenoid that is stuck slow to apply or nonoperational. An open of shorted trim solenoid would set a P0748.
        Last edited by DMAXDR; 12-02-2015, 10:34 AM.
        2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
        X