Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duramax Fuel Filter Change Intervals

Dmaxstore recommends changing your fuel filter at no more than 10k miles. This interval may be increased to 15-20k if you have a quality pre filtration set up. It is extremely important to run a high quality fuel filter like the factory AC Delco #TP3012 or the Racor #PFF50216. We do not recommend anything with a plastic housing typically found at auto part stores. Your Duramax Diesel fuel injection system needs very clean fuel to function properly.

Racor Coalescer Fuel Filter (2001-Current Duramax)

Part# PFF50216
    This is the latest and greatest high efficiency, long life, "depth coalescing media" fuel filter by Racor. This is the EXACT same filter sold by GM dealerships (pn# 12633243) but at a fraction of the cost. The PFF50216 has been tested to OEM standards for life, efficiency, water removal, and is now standard and backward compatible on all GM Duramax engine applications. The Racor PFF50216 coalescing filter system inside has up to twice the life and improved water removal in all blends and types of diesel fuel when compared to other paper media filters.
    FEATURES AND BENEFITS
    • Uses Racor developed Aquabloc II fuel filter media system solutions
    • OEM tested and proven coalescing fuel filter, direct replacement
    • Up to twice the life of standard media filters for reduced maintenance costs
    • Backward compatible with all Duramax fuel filter applications
    • Primary depth coalescer followed by a secondary polishing filter provides the highest water and particle removal efficiency available in a diesel fuel filter
    • MADE IN THE USA

HOW IT WORKS
    Racor's PFF50216 is a genuine direct replacement coalescing fuel filter for the GM Duramax Engine. The Racor PFF50216 fuel filter system contains a primary coalescing and a secondary polishing stage. The coalescing stage has multiple layers of specialized media that traps dirt and extracts finely dispersed water out of diesel fuel. The secondary filter strips away remaining water and polishes the fuel. The Racor PFF50216 coalescer system provides up to twice the life when compared to standard pleated media filters. The unique can design is proven to resist impact and seal deformation, "will fit" reproductions may use a different, unproven design. Accept NO substitutes.

Specifications PFF50216
    Fits Model Years 2001-2010
    Max Flow Rate 50 GPH (189 LPH)
    Max Working Pressure 30 PSI (2.07 bar)
    Micron Rating 4 Micron
    Center Threads 3/8"-8 Buttress
    Water removal Efficiancy 99%
    Operating Temperature -50* to +225*F
    DMAXSTORE.COM

Clean fuel is very important to keeping your injectors and cp3 healthy. And running at top performance. I change mine between 8-10000 miles or every third race. Also if you're run a airdog or fass drain that water valve out one to two times a week or every fill up. It doesn't take long and helps keep that water out of the cp3 and injectors.

Comment

I will have to start draining mine more often

Comment

I run Stanadyne and it collects or balls the water and collects in the filter. Some additives get rid of it. Either way doesn't hurt

Comment

I change my fuel filters once a year. Might be overkill to some guys but it works for me. I tried draining the water from the FWS filter every so often but I never found any present, in fact I never found any water in the fuel when I drained them out before they were changed.
          2011 Chevy 3500HD CCSB LTZ 4x4 with lots of add on's.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
          X