Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLY Headgaskets

I had a coolant leak at turbo coolant hose and then the EGR hose. Was at first thanking maybe after 12 years those hoses has just had it. Well fixed all the leaks to realize my upper radiator hose is hard. Tank was pressurized completely like when it is at running temp. Give me some advice guys. I can't afford a 5000 dollar head gasket job. I will be doing this myself. Do I need ARP head studs? Any professional advice would be great. Thanks.
    2005 LLY 215k miles.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ARP head studs are highly recommended. We actually have a kit that comes with everything you need (GM Grade C gaskets, Bosch injector o-rings and copper washers, ect).

Aside from that, get your heads re-surfaced by a reputable machine shop.

Here is a link to everything you will need.
    http://dmaxstore.com/products/?route...product_id=516

Comment

Thanks for reply. I want to get my truck in so you guys can confirm that it is head gaskets.

Comment

Give service a call in the morning and they can schedule a time. (530) 622-5630

Comment

Thanis for the info on the phone.
          So I th8nk I have pressure build up in my coolant system and the tech told me either headgaskets or possibly egr cooler. So one more question if I put a block off plate in between the egr cooler and exhaust would that eliminate the egr cooler if it still continue to be over pressurized?

Comment

So I spoke with one of the techs, he said in theory, even if the EGR was blocked, the boost could blow past the valve and pressurize the system (in the event the EGR cooler is bad). More likely than not, if the upper radiator hose is rock hard (pressurized) boost and/or exhaust from a EGR cooler leak wouldnt make the hose that hard, that would generally be from the cylinder (bad head gasket).

Comment

Ok thanks for the answer. It has sat at work for 11 hours and I checked the radiator hose again. It is like an inflated tire tube. I can squeeze it but not much.

Comment

Originally posted by Andremaxproblems
                Ok thanks for the answer. It has sat at work for 11 hours and I checked the radiator hose again. It is like an inflated tire tube. I can squeeze it but not much.

Been meaning to give an update bit thanks for the good service DMAX STORE. I bought the headgasket set and ARP head studs from you guys. I did the job and man what a job. Did it in my driveway and took me about 60 hours on my own in 2 and a half weeks after work. Truck is all done with no issues. The parts I got from you was great and had everything I needed.
                Keep up the good customer service

Comment

Good to hear 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                  X