Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gm injector cleaner

I copied this from another forum. Great way to clean your injector.

This is a great way to clean your injectors and improve your balance rates.
    First go to your gm dealer and buy the GM upper engine fuel injector cleaner p/n 88861802, about 15 bucks. This CAN NOT be run through the fuel tank. To run this cleaner you have to use the quick disconnects at the rear of the engine.

1. Remove the quick disconnects at the rear of the engine, you will need a set of quick disconnect line tools. the return line is 3/8 and the suction line is 1/2.

2. Once lines are disconnected, install rubber fuel hose to the lines with hose clamps. You will need 3/8 hose and 1/2, about 5 ft of each.

3. use 1/2 gallon of clean diesel fuel and mix 13 oz. of the injector cleaner in a container (I used an old rotella 1 gal. bottle)

4. put both the return and suction lines into the container and place container out of the way of engine. (sat mine on a step ladder next to truck). you can set it on the floor but will need about 8-10 ft of hose.

5. start the engine, check for leaks. run all of the the diesel fuel in the container out, will take time. (mine sat at idle for 1.5 hours). if the truck dies, no big deal, just prime it once you reconnect the fuel lines.

6. once fuel is gone, reconnect the fuel lines, should hear a snap. and done. make sure to check for leaks when finished.

hope this helps some people. my balance rates are much better now, and the engine runs much smoother. maybe try this first if you think you have an injector going bad.
    07 LBZ Built Transmission by Inglewood Transmission

If you want to use the whole bottle of cleaner, use .615 gallons of diesel.

Comment

One day I'll have to do this. My balance rates are good for now.

Comment

I try to do it once a year

Comment

Originally posted by Dukcaln@Dmaxstore
          guys, try this stuff. Our initial thoughts and what we are seeing after running it is good results. I have some balance rates before and after as well as another customers who sent me his info after trying this stuff and results are good. I am not saying it works for all, but the initial trucks running it, they has shown some improvement.

High Performance Common Rail High Pressure Diesel System Clean
          Part# powermaxhprailcleaner
          This product has been specifically developed for all high pressure direct injection diesel engines with Common Rail or pump injector. This high performance cleaner when applied into the fuel system is able to:
          • Dissolve gum and varnish
          • Remove completely even the smallest particles of contamination
          • Optimize compression
          • Eradicate water
          • Provide lubrication especially to the high pressure pump
          • Prolonged life span of the components in the fuel system, particularly the injectors
          • Improves performance & fuel efficiency and reduce exhaust gas emissions
          • lower long term maintenance costs

How do you go about putting it in to the injection system?

Comment

I'll have to read the label on that GM part #. What worries me about some injector cleaners is that they are very harsh solvents with little to no lubricating properties . To me it seems like this would be causing unnecessary wear on the fuel system components. The product DUKCALN posted is for diesel fuel systems and states it provides lubrication. Just a thought.
            2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

That's cool, so where do I find this stuff? Do you guys sell it?

Comment

Originally posted by 8aford97@gmail.com View Post
                That's cool, so where do I find this stuff? Do you guys sell it?
                Yes we do, just hit up the online store
                2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Good to know. Have you guys tried the opti lube single clean?

Comment

We got some samples in at one time and handed them out. I'll have to see about product testing it.

Comment

• novaman64
                        novaman64 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Mike gave me some and I ran it, posted before and after rates somewhere. I can try and dig them out if you want...

That would be cool if ya can find the info. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DMAXDR View Post
                        That would be cool if ya can find the info. Thanks

Here is a post I had put up over at the duramax forum....

So tried the GM injector cleaner a while back, didn't do much for my balance rates. Anyways, was down at the Dmax store and Mike (the owner) gave me some OptiLube Single Clean to try out, i believe its a fairly new product, and I currently use their XPD (anything to keep those LB7 injectors alive) so figured I would give it a shot. The Dmax store had just replaced 4 injectors (had 1 -2 on a bank go south so did all 4 while they were in there) and the other 4 looked ok, but figured I would run some of this Single Clean through to see if it would help them out at all. Anyways, here are the before and after results, FYI; I am in no way affiliated with the Dmax store or Optilube (though it would be nice if I were)...

Before After
                        Injector 1 -1.1 -1.3
                        Injector 2 0.5 0.6
                        Injector 3 0.4 0.8
                        Injector 4 0.2 0.6
                        Injector 5 1.3 0.3
                        Injector 6 0.6 0.6
                        Injector 7 -1.4 -1.4
                        Injector 8 -0.5 0.1

Injector 5 cleaned up big time, not a big difference in the other ones, but to drop a full point was nice, brings it back to new.

Anyways, not saying its a cure all, but sure worth giving a try, just dump a bottle in your tank and drive...
                        -Jimmy
                        08' Silverado 3500HD CCLB LMM 4x4 - Build Thread
                        02' Silverado 2500HD CCLB LB7 4x4 - RIP 12/15/2016

Comment

Good results, thank you for posting!

Comment

I have a bottle of the GM cleaner sitting in my shop, have one injector floating around mid 3's. Might try and give this stuff a shot this weekend since its gonna be raining. I will post up before and afters if I do...
                            -Jimmy
                            08' Silverado 3500HD CCLB LMM 4x4 - Build Thread
                            02' Silverado 2500HD CCLB LB7 4x4 - RIP 12/15/2016

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                            X