Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire size for dropped trucks

I have a 2008 that is lifted with a RCD 6" kit, I am dropping it down with stock spindles with drop keys and 2" shackles in the rear. My biggest question is what size tire can I get away with? I currently have 20x12 -44 with 35x1250x20, I want to run my 20x12 but I know I will rub quite drastically and I don't want to cut up my fenders. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Originally posted by Alex
    I have a 2008 that is lifted with a RCD 6" kit, I am dropping it down with stock spindles with drop keys and 2" shackles in the rear. My biggest question is what size tire can I get away with? I currently have 20x12 -44 with 35x1250x20, I want to run my 20x12 but I know I will rub quite drastically and I don't want to cut up my fenders. Any recommendations? Thanks!
    That's definitely not a good wheel offset for lowering but should look pretty mean. Maybe a 305/40/20 or 45 series. It's going to depend on where you set the final ride height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

That's definitely not a good wheel offset for lowering but should look pretty mean. Maybe a 305/40/20 or 45 series. It's going to depend on where you set the final ride height.

Would I have better luck if i were to switch to 20x10? I'm not worried about the stance portion of it i'm more worried of rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex

Would I have better luck if i were to switch to 20x10? I'm not worried about the stance portion of it i'm more worried of rubbing.
        Yes that would be much better. 20x10 with positive offset.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
        X