Will Kryptonite UCAs Rub Tires on LML with Stock 20s?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Kryptonite UCAs Rub Tires on LML with Stock 20s?

I would like to run 305/50R20 Nitto 420s or 295/55R20 Toyo Open Country AT II tires on my stock 2013 LML 20” wheels. The Nitto specs out as a 12.4” wide tire and the Toyo measures 12.2” wide. I have lowered the rear 1.5” with Sulastic Shackles and have cranked the torsion bars up enough to level the front.

I’d like to purchase some UCAs to improve ride quality after cranking the front end, but I’m concerned that if I do, I won’t be able to run a tire wider than 12” on my stock wheels because of reading on other forums that the inside of the tire will rub a Kryptonite UCA. (Some people claimed the Cognito UCAs would not rub, but I’d prefer to use Kryptonite).

Can anyone tell me the widest tire I can run on stock LML wheels with Kryptonite UCAs without interference between the tire and UCA?

Thanks!

Unfortunately every truck/wheel tire combo is going to be a bit different so there is no black and white answer. I spoke with our Kryptonite guru and he produced the following response..

Going that wide they will probable rub, but only at full tilt. Usually a small wheel spacer 6-12mm can eliminate tire contact.

Comment

Originally posted by DmaxStoreJimmy
      Unfortunately every truck/wheel tire combo is going to be a bit different so there is no black and white answer. I spoke with our Kryptonite guru and he produced the following response..

Going that wide they will probable rub, but only at full tilt. Usually a small wheel spacer 6-12mm can eliminate tire contact.
      Yeah I thought spacers would be required. Probably going to just go ahead and run a 1.75”-2.0” spacer since that’s the look I really want anyways. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
      X