Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing and temps allison tran

I am new here and need some input. I have the duramax 6.6 with the allison transmission. I also have a ppe tuner mod installed for a tow package. I towed a 32' weekend warrior toy hauler 621 miles from southern cal to northern cal. I noticed that after I got here and un hooked, and after running around town a bit that there was trans fluid on the underside. Temps were 200 on the tranny and the ambient temps outside were 113. Is there anyhing I should be concerned about?. Also my father in law added an additive to the tranny which put the fluid levels at the top.

Originally posted by Maudlinb
    I am new here and need some input. I have the duramax 6.6 with the allison transmission. I also have a ppe tuner mod installed for a tow package. I towed a 32' weekend warrior toy hauler 621 miles from southern cal to northern cal. I noticed that after I got here and un hooked, and after running around town a bit that there was trans fluid on the underside. Temps were 200 on the tranny and the ambient temps outside were 113. Is there anyhing I should be concerned about?. Also my father in law added an additive to the tranny which put the fluid levels at the top.
    Welcome. What year is your truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• DirtyMax63
      DirtyMax63 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there.
      I put mine through a lot and have found that you can bring the temps down 30 to 40 degrees by changing your trans cooler to a 26 to 30 rung from the stock. I used one off of a 6.0 ford and with a little hose mods fits and works perfect. a deep trans pan only made about a 10 degree difference.

2003 gmc sierra 3500. 6.6l

Comment

Originally posted by Maudlinb
      2003 gmc sierra 3500. 6.6l
      So the temps your reporting are really normal and nothing of concern.
      Make sure your not over full on your trans level and always make sure your running Tow/Haul mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
      X