Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LB7 SAC00 Type Stock Output Injectors

All the newer Duramax models after the LB7 use the SAC type nozzle on the injectors. The SAC type nozzle is a much more reliable design compared to the VCO type nozzles that the LB7 came with from the factory. A stock flow LB7 injector with a SAC type nozzle was not available until now. The result is a LB7 injector that will far outlast the original design. Best of all, these injectors are 50 State Legal, CARB EO# D-756-2 approved. No tuning or calibrations required either! Let us know if you have any questions.

SAC00 LB7 Injectors
    https://dmaxstore.com/collections/al...t-stock-output
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DmaxStoreAustin; 01-11-2024, 03:49 PM.
    Give us a call for all your Duramax needs! 877-469-3629

I installed these in my 2003 Silverado and am mostly pleased: no more smoking at idle, good balance rates again and good power on demand. However, it seems that perhaps the tuning needs some tweaking at low load/mid throttle (gentle cruising). I'm getting a lot of random "rattling" which I attribute to some excessive predetonation. As far as I know it's running on the factory programming. I emailed S&S and have not received any response so far. Suggestions? I recently rebuilt the fuel filter head and installed your CAT filter kit, but otherwise it's stock. It also seems like the MPG estimation is lower than it should be (haven't driven enough to check against actual) but average in mixed gentle driving is showing about 13.5 mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler S View Post
      I installed these in my 2003 Silverado and am mostly pleased: no more smoking at idle, good balance rates again and good power on demand. However, it seems that perhaps the tuning needs some tweaking at low load/mid throttle (gentle cruising). I'm getting a lot of random "rattling" which I attribute to some excessive predetonation. As far as I know it's running on the factory programming. I emailed S&S and have not received any response so far. Suggestions? I recently rebuilt the fuel filter head and installed your CAT filter kit, but otherwise it's stock. It also seems like the MPG estimation is lower than it should be (haven't driven enough to check against actual) but average in mixed gentle driving is showing about 13.5 mpg.
      How much mileage have you put on the truck since the injector install? Also what was the valve lash set to? For the mpg, is that hand calculated or is it the reading straight off the instrument cluster? These injectors should not need tuning.

Comment

Probably less than 1k. Valves set to 11-12 thousandths. MPG is read off the dash display.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler S View Post
          Probably less than 1k. Valves set to 11-12 thousandths. MPG is read off the dash display.
          Are you able to monitor actual/desired fuel rail pressure when the knocking occurs? It's not too common, but we have seen a failing fuel pressure regulator cause a knock before. I'm guessing there aren't any stored trouble codes in the system? Do you run any kind of fuel additive? Around this time of year, the fuel around here is switched to winter blend. I've noticed my injectors(SAC00 as well) to be a little noisier with the winter blend fuel without fuel additive.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
          X