X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex
    started a topic MAF reading High

MAF reading High

I got a 2008 LMM with compounds, 100% over S&S injectors, twin CP3, 220 fass, and my MAF is reading 302.6 g/s at idle and it is supposed to be 30-35 g/s. I've hit a dead end and not sure what way to go next. Any ideas? It has a known good sensor and connection.

• DMAXDR
    replied
    Alex , glad to hear you got her handled. Nice work! Sweet ride , go and have fun now!

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex

I don't have many but here's one.
    Looks pretty bad ass 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Good to hear. Please posts some pics of your ride 👍

I don't have many but here's one.
    Here she is, still need to remove the lift but she's getting there slowly.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied

After swapping out the ECM my MAF is finally reading correctly as it should. Now my truck isn't a smokey pig thankfully.
    Good to hear. Please posts some pics of your ride 👍

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Any new updates today?

After swapping out the ECM my MAF is finally reading correctly as it should. Now my truck isn't a smokey pig thankfully.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied

So I finally had a chance to dig into this issue, and come to the conclusion of it being the ECM. Every reading from the MAF to the ECM was what it's supposed to be. I graphed the reading out of the MAF while having a scan tool hooked up, and the graph was graphing as throttle changed but my reading on the scan too stayed at 302.6 g/s. Ill find out for sure tomorrow after I swap out the ECM and reload my tunes.
    Any new updates today?

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    Originally posted by DMAXDR View Post
    ok, no worries the IAT that is part of the MAF sensor is the one I was referring to in regards to being shorted to the MAF sensor Signal circuit. I still believe that there is a MAF table that is off in the tuning.

So I finally had a chance to dig into this issue, and come to the conclusion of it being the ECM. Every reading from the MAF to the ECM was what it's supposed to be. I graphed the reading out of the MAF while having a scan tool hooked up, and the graph was graphing as throttle changed but my reading on the scan too stayed at 302.6 g/s. Ill find out for sure tomorrow after I swap out the ECM and reload my tunes.

Leave a comment:

• DMAXDR
    replied
    ok, no worries the IAT that is part of the MAF sensor is the one I was referring to in regards to being shorted to the MAF sensor Signal circuit. I still believe that there is a MAF table that is off in the tuning.

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    The IAT is part of the MAF Sensor, the other is a defferent sensor, lets call the first inlet temp and the other intake temp, thats the one in the t-bridge.
    So the one I don't have is the one of the Y bridge.

Leave a comment:

• DMAXDR
    replied
    The IAT is part of the MAF Sensor, the other is a defferent sensor, lets call the first inlet temp and the other intake temp, thats the one in the t-bridge.

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    What is the MAF key on engine off? I would make sure there are no resistance problems between MAF connector and ECM as well as ECM ground at engine block. Test to make sure none of the IAT / MAF circuits are shorted to each other.

I am not sure what it reads Key on Engine off but I will get back to you on that here shortly. As for IAT's I don't have one on the Y bridge anymore as I was told it could be tuned out and didn't need it.

Leave a comment:

• DMAXDR
    replied
    What is the MAF key on engine off? I would make sure there are no resistance problems between MAF connector and ECM as well as ECM ground at engine block. Test to make sure none of the IAT / MAF circuits are shorted to each other.

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    I also just noticed that the MAF connector has been replaced , most likely to extend it. Is that a new addition as well ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

So originally what happened was the MAF sensor never used to read after the motor rebuild and it had a 12v ignition 5v signal, and ground at the plug. So we ran a separate harness from the ECM to the MAF and now it reads it just reads at 302.6 g/s

Leave a comment:

• DMAXDR
    replied
    I also just noticed that the MAF connector has been replaced , most likely to extend it. Is that a new addition as well ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Please login or register to post.

Working...
X