Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Issues after driving Fishman19781

I have a 2002 Duramax LB7 engine 108600 miles. Over the last year I have had intermittent starting issues. I only have these issues after driving 15 miles or so and cutting the truck off and then trying to resart it 10 or so minitues later. The truck always resarts after priming the filter. Sometime s it starts after priming it once and sometimes I have to prime 2 or 3 times. This problem is not often and usually occurs 3 weeks to a month later then it won't start again, I will do the prime it will start and go another 3 weeks or or so and not start again. I just replaced the fuel filter head assembly 3 weeks ago plus the fuel lines coming from the filter assembly, but just yesterday it did the same thing not starting after driving 15 miles as I tried to restart it 10 minutes later . Has anyone had this same issue.

If the filter side is all good and tight I think you probably have an injector starting to fail and leak down. Do you have a lift pump on the truck now??

Comment

Well the best thing to ad to any Duramax is an Airdog fuel filtration system. If your going to keep the truck I would start there. This will eliminate priming issues and help protect current and future fuel injectors. You might still need injectors in the future but this will help keep the truck going for now. If you do need injectors you will want to ad the Airdog to be sure they are protected.

Comment

Can you just add the airdog fuel system without having to do other upgrades I have a Lmm

Comment

• Mike D
          Mike D commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely

Yes you can, great for any diesel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
        X