No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from charlotte, NC

Hello everyone,

just recently purchased my 2006 crewcab 4X4 Duramax with 169,000. I absolutely love it. It has the LLY engine but I found during my research that the 2006 LLY is the same as the LBZ except for the tune. It looks to be all stock. I bought it to pull my 3 horse bumper pull trailer and a gooseneck with a living quarters which I'm looking to purchase in the near future. Being new, I'm a little afraid of getting anything mechanically done that's not stock. However, I'm hoping that as I continue to learn about my truck I gain confidence in doing so. My goal would be to get a tune that will increase gas mileage and still have ample power to pull my horse trailers.

Originally posted by humnbass View Post
    Hello everyone,

just recently purchased my 2006 crewcab 4X4 Duramax with 169,000. I absolutely love it. It has the LLY engine but I found during my research that the 2006 LLY is the same as the LBZ except for the tune. It looks to be all stock. I bought it to pull my 3 horse bumper pull trailer and a gooseneck with a living quarters which I'm looking to purchase in the near future. Being new, I'm a little afraid of getting anything mechanically done that's not stock. However, I'm hoping that as I continue to learn about my truck I gain confidence in doing so. My goal would be to get a tune that will increase gas mileage and still have ample power to pull my horse trailers.
    Welcome friend and congrats on that 2006. Yes consider it an LBZ thats what it is. I would add an Edge Insight and a tuner for monitoring the truck and picking up some fuel economy and pulling power. Make sure to keep an eye on the Transfer case, pump rub problem is going to be there soon if previous owner did not address it already.
    Last edited by DmaxStoreAustin; 03-28-2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Hello from Utah

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
        X