Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from OH, live in San Diego!!

New to forums until i decided to clean up my 05 Chevy lly.
    Gotta lot to do and a lot to learn. I'll be reaching out.
    Lets see where it takes me.

Here is her profile:
    05 Chevy LLY 2500HD
    CC/SB 2x4 139km
    1st mod added @ 136km
    Banks RAM-AIR
    Banks Monster Exhaust
    SuperChip Programmer 2855?????
    MA H2O pump

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160904_180058.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	3777

Hello from Utah

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome! Did you upgrade your mouthpiece on the turbo yet?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 830king View Post
        Welcome! Did you upgrade your mouthpiece on the turbo yet?

Not yet. I'm trying to get the mouth piece from someone on another forum, but I guess my offer was too low? What would you price it at?

Comment

Welcome Billy. Are you looking at an OE part or aftermarket?

Comment

I'm looking at both, love the kryptonite stuff a lot. I'm thinking of going with Dmax XD (Xtreme Duty) Upper Control Arms for now! I did start making a wish list to compare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

welcome billy. Glad to have ya.

Comment

Welcome
                07 LBZ Built Transmission by Inglewood Transmission

Comment

Originally posted by BiLLY's05

Not yet. I'm trying to get the mouth piece from someone on another forum, but I guess my offer was too low? What would you price it at?
                  Depends, I believe the lbz mouthpiece is about ~$100 and you would have to do a little cutting. Afe and S&b bolt right up but they are closer to ~$200. I have a s&b mouthpiece and cai on my truck and both fit great. HUGE improvement over stock...

Comment

I have installed all of the above options. The S&B is what I would recommend.

Comment

Welcome from Washington State

Comment

Welcome,
                        I too have an LLY and added an AFE mouthpiece and S&B CAI.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I offered $90 for the mouth piece, but he said he couldnt do that. I wanted to mod my Banks intake with it or I can mod it to my stock. Still not sure which one to go with. The more I read and learn it has me going back and forth.

My priority right now is the front end. I'm still trying to decide between my favorite, Kryptonite or XD. I have so many other things I need/want to do it has me leaning towards XD. I'm new to all these aftermarket parts, it has me feeling like a kid in a candy store.

Comment

Billy I have had a few set ups on my LLY. I had the banks intake as you have with the LBZ Mouth piece. Its an easy modification to make it work. Just need a coupler that can take the two different sizes as the LBZ mouth piece is a tad larger in diameter as the banks intake tub when you cut it down to fit. It actually looks very clean when they are mated together.

I may have pictures on the site here or on another forum.

If you don't want to modify, just purchase the S&B mouth piece, great quality and will attach with ease.

You not getting the benefit the intake offers with the restricted mouth piece in place. In fact you most likely having a negative effect with heat and restricted flow. Your trying to move a tad more volume of air through the same restricted mouth piece, more air, more force through the restrictive intake mouth piece to me means more heat and more restrictive turbulence in the air flow. Just my thought and what most will say.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukcaln@Dmaxstore
                              You not getting the benefit the intake offers with the restricted mouth piece in place. In fact you most likely having a negative effect with heat and restricted flow. Your trying to move a tad more volume of air through the same restricted mouth piece, more air, more force through the restrictive intake mouth piece to me means more heat and more restrictive turbulence in the air flow. Just my thought and what most will say.
                              Thanks D@D for the advise. I have read up on both mods and found the pics, looks clean!

I'm going to get that mouth piece ordered soon. If I would have known from the beginning I probably wouldn't have gotten the Banks. On the other hand it does look better than stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                              X