Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&B vs Banks w/Super Scoop Intakes on LMM

I'm going to be upgrading the factory intake on my '09 GMC LMM to either the either the S&B or the Banks with their Super Scoop. I've heard S&B is great for the price, but is the Banks better? Any opinions or advice would be appreciated. Thx.

They are both very good systems. The Banks components are made of higher quality and more durable materials.

Comment

Originally posted by '09LMM View Post
      I'm going to be upgrading the factory intake on my '09 GMC LMM to either the either the S&B or the Banks with their Super Scoop. I've heard S&B is great for the price, but is the Banks better? Any opinions or advice would be appreciated. Thx.
      Like Mike Mentioned, they are both good units and the Banks is a utilizes a higher quality material and different design. The S&B has a clear cover to see the filter, makes it nice to look for dirt or debris. The SB has proven to make some good power and the banks does well too. Same performance in my mind but ones slightly better constructed.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Any advice on oiled or dry for the filter? Pros and cons? Thx.

Comment

I run the oiled filter with the Banks intake on my personal LMM. Some people use excessive amounts of oil when servicing their filter which causes oil residue to get on the mass air flow sensor and through a DTC. You will not have any issues if you service the filter properly every 20-30k miles.

Comment

What do you use to clean it Mike? I need something easily accessible. Can I use the K&N cleaner?

Comment

The K&N cleaner will work just fine and is readily available.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
              X