Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Ending.Racing team

I would like to have all of you like and go to my facebook page . It says it all about how everything goes in the diesel world. Hope you'll follow me and I'll be doing projects and tell everyone how my sponsors products hold up to daily driving and racing. Look forward to all of you and help me get the word out. Thanks Karl http://www.facebook.com/Never-Ending...homepage_panel

Not on Facebook but I'll definitely check it out.
    2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Thanks. And I'll still be posting here as well.

Comment

http://www.lsmeng.com/ Well my Alternate firing order cam showed up and looks to be bad A$$, Big thanks to LSM engineering for the custom grind. Hoping pistons will be done tomorrow, Mahle motorsports is building them. And a GTX5533 from Garrett won't be done until May, Damn it.

Comment

• Duramax7983
          Duramax7983 commented
          Editing a comment
          What is special on alternate firing cam? First diesel dont know alot yet. Been 40 yrs since i tore one apart and didnt have all this ensor crap. Lol

• DmaxStoreJimmy
          DmaxStoreJimmy commented
          Editing a comment
          The main reason for modifying the Duramax firing order with the camshaft is to relieve stress on the front portion of the crankshaft in higher performance applications. The OEM firing order ends at Cylinder #3 and then continues from the beginning through cylinders 1 and 2. The Duramax Cranks see the most strain and tend to break right behind the first rod throw at the intersection of the second main journal (the snout). We have seen failures on anything from mildly modified daily drivers to all-out competition trucks. The Duramax engine Harmonics become too stressful on the cranks when getting into the higher RPM ranges and bigger power levels with the OEM firing order. With this Alternate Firing Camshaft, cylinders 1, 2, and 3 are moved away from each other to distribute the stress of combustion more evenly and help reduce the abuse to your crankshaft.

• DirtyMax63
          DirtyMax63 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is very true, It seems to make all the bad stuff go away

Originally posted by DirtyMax63 View Post
        http://www.lsmeng.com/ Well my Alternate firing order cam showed up and looks to be bad A$$, Big thanks to LSM engineering for the custom grind. Hoping pistons will be done tomorrow, Mahle motorsports is building them. And a GTX5533 from Garrett won't be done until May, Damn it.

Ah Sh&t..... looks like some good times

Comment

Well I thought I posted my turbo on here, but having an old man problem trying to find where in the hell I did. So I'll do it here and sure the other post will show up. Primary will be a GTX4202R. Sorry about the date on the picture was between phones and used a camera and didn't bother with changing the date.

Comment

Like to let everyone who is following the build on this know that my pistons are done and here. Will be nice getting this to the machine shop very soon. Thanks Mahle motorsports. http://www.mahlemotorsports.com

Comment

• Duramax7983
              Duramax7983 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are those custom machined from fordged billet slugs? Look NICE.

Those look sweet. How long till they are doing some work?

Comment

MIKE Well my other turbo will not be done until may if I don't get pushed back any. So maybe by June I should be turning numbers on the track.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Comment

That thing will be a beast !! Keep us posted on the progress.

Comment

Mike I will keep you all posted on how it's doing. If Garrett doesn't have delays about mid may on the turbo. I'm really hoping to be able to run in the 10.7 index. I may need to change out my primary turbo and go to a GTX45 or GTX47, but we'll see how it does and go from there. Thanks for all of your help and outstanding products. Your Kryptonite and XD frontend parts are out of the world. I've put them through the test and they have held up time and time again. Everyone out there needs to get a Kryptonite frontend it's makes a big difference on daily driving to hard core racing and pulling. They hold up and keep going. Well done DMAX STORE.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Still at the machine shop, the pistons taking longer put me behind a little bit. That's ok, I'm still waiting for GTX5533 to get here. Some billet parts for the tranny showed up.
                      Did get the XD uca's on. Sorry, but that's the best update for now. It's killing me that I'm not out racing yet. Was hoping for it to be back together for the callout challenge, but not looking like it so far. I'll be there for it just not the truck.

Comment

I'd like to tell Mike and the Dmax crew a big thank you for bringing my parts out to me at the UCC. I was excited about getting the motor mounts and trans brace. And now can't wait to try the new kryptonite heim tie rods you brought up. Thanks Mike and the dmaxstore for all your help.
                        Can't wait to see how your truck runs after getting it tuned.

Last edited by DirtyMax63; 05-15-2016, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMax63 View Post
                          I'd like to tell Mike and the Dmax crew for bringing my parts out to me at the UCC. I was excited about getting the motor mounts and trans brace. And now can't wait to try the new kryptonite heim tie rods you brought up. Thanks Mike and the dmaxstore for all your help.
                          Can't wait to see how your truck runs after getting it tuned.

looking good looking good! We have a new Kryptonite sponsored section on the forum, a place for the members to follow. Here is the link https://forum.dmaxstore.com/forum/ac...etition-trucks

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                          X