Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrier Bearing Spacer

Trying to figure out if there is a chart or what not that shows what size spacer you need depending on how high the lift is. Could someone point me in the right direction? I would appreciate it big time

Most 6in lifted trucks run a 2in spacer between the support bearing and the frame mount. I have seen adjustments to this based on lift and driveline angle.
    What lift and how much lift are you going to have or do you have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

Originally posted by DMAXDR View Post
      Most 6in lifted trucks run a 2in spacer between the support bearing and the frame mount. I have seen adjustments to this based on lift and driveline angle.
      What lift and how much lift are you going to have or do you have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

right now it is 4" spindles and lift keys up front with 2" shackles and 2" blocks in the rear

Comment

Are you experiencing a vibration since installing the rear blocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Are you experiencing a vibration since installing the rear blocks?

Since it was lowered back down i have been. It was on a mcgaughys 7-9" lift with 37's. well now that it is dropped down to where its at now it vibrates but it does have about a 3 in a half inch spacer in between the carrier bearing and frame mount which i feel is too much for what it is now

Comment

Try removing the spacer and checking the condition of the carrier bearing. Depending on what rear block you have the spacer is probably not needed.

Comment

Try removing the spacer and checking the condition of the carrier bearing. Depending on what rear block you have the spacer is probably not needed.

Carrier bearing is in great condition. Talk to the owner before me and he said it is almost a year old now. Also said the rear blocks are the stock 2" blocks

Comment

There has never been a stock rear block. Can you post a picture of the rear block?

Comment

There has never been a stock rear block. Can you post a picture of the rear block?

here is a picture of the block on my truck

Comment

Originally posted by JuanSlowLBZ View Post

here is a picture of the block on my truck
                    That is something after market. I just remembered that you said it also has rear shackles? Can you post a picture of that as well? I would remove the carrier bearing drop at this point too. It should not be needed.

Comment

That is something after market. I just remembered that you said it also has rear shackles? Can you post a picture of that as well? I would remove the carrier bearing drop at this point too. It should not be needed.
                      sorry bro been getting off crazy late from work lately. Going to take a few pictures tomorrow. Going to attempt to remove the CB Drop this weekend. Do you recommend a certain grade or style bolt, nut and washers?? Also by any chance would you have an idea of what to torque it down to? Thanks for all the info as well

Comment

Originally posted by JuanSlowLBZ View Post

sorry bro been getting off crazy late from work lately. Going to take a few pictures tomorrow. Going to attempt to remove the CB Drop this weekend. Do you recommend a certain grade or style bolt, nut and washers?? Also by any chance would you have an idea of what to torque it down to? Thanks for all the info as well
                        I dont have the specifics on the hardware and torque. However grade 8 is always a good idea and normally available at hardware stores. Get lock bolts or nylocs and run them down.

Comment

I dont have the specifics on the hardware and torque. However grade 8 is always a good idea and normally available at hardware stores. Get lock bolts or nylocs and run them down.

this is the spacer that I took off of my truck today. some homemade bs lol. Might has the tech at work change the carrier bearing just to play it safe.

Comment

See how it does with out that and a new bearing. Did you confirm if the truck has aftermarket rear shackles?

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                            X