Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fifth wheel hitch

I have been looking around at toy haulers for quite some time and haven't decided on a brand yet or towing type. I know they have there pluses and minuses. I'm almost steering toward a fifth wheel, like an Attitude 28 footer or Genesis Supreme around the same length.
    Just trying to keep Truck within its tow limits, anyone here used the Curt brand hitches? They state made in the USA and seem to be good quality.

I have a curt hitch. Class 5. But I have not towed heavy with it.
    07 LBZ Built Transmission by Inglewood Transmission

Comment

Sorry man. It's not a 5th wheel hitch.
      07 LBZ Built Transmission by Inglewood Transmission

Comment

All good, I have thought of them for frame receivers as well if I go bumper pull.

Comment

I run the B&W companion system and I really like how easy it is to handle. My truck is long bed though so no slider is needed.

Comment

B&W Companion is awesome. No rails left in the bed when removed. I believe they make it in a slider, if needed.
            5th wheel set-up is the way to go.

Comment

The rails don't bother me too much, but I have looked into B&W. They make nice stuff, I just wouldn't be hauling a gooseneck as a primary trailer. I'd have to purchase the turnover ball setup then the companion. Will I need a slide, not too sure, but it's there if I do.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_840.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	3925 They do have this though, if I ever chose to haul a gooseneck neck.

Comment

I went ahead and purchased the Curt Custom rails and gooseball hitch, then installed it last weekend. Great quality products and straight forward to install.

Comment

That looks nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      That looks nice.
                      I bought this adapter because it wasn't that much in price, but also not as heavy to maneuver while setting rails up.

Comment

I have the curt fifthwheel Q16 I think it's called with the OEM bed mount for the factory set up I have on my truck. the system is great quality and functions flawlessly so far. I've only towed with it about 4 times since I got my new truck. I have a short bed 6'6" and haven't needed a slide but I do keep a very careful eye on my trailer and back window when I'm backing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Althebuilder View Post
                          I have the curt fifthwheel Q16 I think it's called with the OEM bed mount for the factory set up I have on my truck. the system is great quality and functions flawlessly so far. I've only towed with it about 4 times since I got my new truck. I have a short bed 6'6" and haven't needed a slide but I do keep a very careful eye on my trailer and back window when I'm backing up.
                          Thanks for the input 😎

Comment

At SEMA show a couple weeks back we looked at a new product from Blue Ox "Super Ride" BXR6200. The hitch has a built in rubber spring system to reduce bucking and shock on truck and trailer. It can move to accommodate short bed trucks for cab clearance. Anyway I am thinking about trying one of these with my current goose neck ball and taking out the B&W companion system I have been using for years. There is not to much info on these out there yet but I will try to post some catalog pictures soon..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D
                              At SEMA show a couple weeks back we looked at a new product from Blue Ox "Super Ride" BXR6200. The hitch has a built in rubber spring system to reduce bucking and shock on truck and trailer. It can move to accommodate short bed trucks for cab clearance. Anyway I am thinking about trying one of these with my current goose neck ball and taking out the B&W companion system I have been using for years. There is not to much info on these out there yet but I will try to post some catalog pictures soon..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                              X