Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Dog Install Leads to Problems

Installed Air Dog 100 today. Start up revealed surging engine and leaking original fuel filter head. I'm assuming the heater probe thing. Is the oring for that not included in the filter head rebuild kit (bought from Dmax Store). (Did not rebuild yet BTW) I've read other post which suggest this is possible because it's now under pressure. Of course as usual it's Sunday night and have to go to work tomorrow so disconnected AirDog and by passed it to ride again til next weekend, Jeff

So is the truck only surging with the Airdog installed and running?

Comment

Yes. Didn't try to drive it to see if it would clear up. Leaking too much at primer head. But it ran about 5 minutes. Unplugged it, bypassed pump and drove to work today as normal. Parker Racor was still on the primer.

Comment

Are you planing to replace the filter head or install new internals? That should be done first. Then hook lift pump back up and reevaluate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OK. I have the oring kit from you. Does it have the oring for the heater? If not I'm gonna need to order the filter head 2 Day Air by Wed. I didn't see anything in the instructions about the heater. Thx, Jeff

Comment

The O ring for the heater wire pass through is included with the rebuild kit. Our new #359 filter head gets rid of the heater all together. It is not needed and always prone to leaking especially once lift pumps are added.

Comment

had surging idle symptoms when my factory filter head unit started leaking. From what I understand, the system is vacuum pressure driven, so a leak was micro bubbles being sucked into the fuel system causing the surge. I would think the leaky head unit would be the culprit.

Comment

That can be the issue without the Airdog. However with the airdog the system is running on low pressure and not vacuum. I'm still curious what the OP finds out after some trouble shooting.

Comment

I went on and ordered the new Dmax Store filter head. Got $2K in Air Dog, Titan tank, Beans sump and new tank module. Can't pinch pennies now. I'm new from the fuel source to the CP3. (May do CP3 and injectors next year. Not needed but wanted). My thing is reliability, not max HP. Do not want a new $70k truck. Let you all know how it went after this weekend. Got one last Friday off til next year, Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by ez2typethis View Post
                    had surging idle symptoms when my factory filter head unit started leaking. From what I understand, the system is vacuum pressure driven, so a leak was micro bubbles being sucked into the fuel system causing the surge. I would think the leaky head unit would be the culprit.

I feel like that is the source (and hope). Gotta say mine was not surging til I installed Air Dog lift pump. After disconnect and by pass it went back to normal. I feel good about the new filter head. Will post on my results. Hoping to finish total install of lift pump and tank with sump this week end. Gotta get to the fun stuff MBRP 4". Jeff

Comment

Jeff I forgot to ask what year is your truck? Maybe I missed it in the post.

Comment

2006 LBZ. 167,000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggngrass
                          2006 LBZ. 167,000 miles
                          Ok, I know the LB7 has a sensitive Fuel pressure regulator and can surge at idle when using a lift pump.

Comment

Another problem!!!! Can Not get the o rings to seal on the filter delete bowl😡. Got the new filter head today and installed. Nothing to drive waiting on wife to come home so I can go to parts store and buy a $40 filter I don't need (for o rings)

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggngrass
                              Another problem!!!! Can Not get the o rings to seal on the filter delete bowl😡. Got the new filter head today and installed. Nothing to drive waiting on wife to come home so I can go to parts store and buy a $40 filter I don't need (for o rings)
                              Something isn't making sense. What's the best # to reach you at?

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                              X