Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Diesel diesel HPR fuel

I know this may not be a new thing to some of you but, I was just doing some research on biofules. I thought I would ask if anyone is using propel HPR high-performance diesel. From what I've read it seems to be a great alternative to petroleum #2. I will post some data on the fuel soon, the same data can be found at dieselhpr.com. If you are running it in a rig with a DPF have you seen regeneration benefits?
    2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Interested in this as well..... could get interesting

Comment

For all, here is some info from the web site. I see there is a few stations in California and local. I may be giving this a try. From what they state, it should be a great fuel to run, especially here in California where out diesel is not like other states!

Fueling with Diesel HPR

Diesel HPR is a premium fuel engineered to maximize clean diesel engine performance. Diesel HPR meets the ASTM D975 diesel specification (ULSD) for use in all diesel engines. Refined from recycled fats & oils, Diesel HPR outperforms both petroleum diesel and biodiesel in performance, emissions and value. Diesel HPR does not contain biodiesel.

Performance

Performance formulated Diesel HPR has a 75 cetane rating, 40% higher than regular diesel, for smoother combustion and a better ride. Diesel HPR burns cleaner and more efficiently, which means more power and torque for your rig. And unlike biodiesel, Diesel HPR provides uncompromised cold weather performance. Diesel HPR is additized to provide excellent lubricity in all driving conditions and exceeds ULSD lubricity specification.

Renewable

While Diesel HPR does not contain biodiesel, it is made from similar renewable biomass sources including recycled fats and oils. Refined from renewable biomass through advanced hydrotreating technology, Diesel HPR meets the toughest specifications required by automotive and engine manufacturers, enabling the fuel to be used by any diesel vehicle.

Air Quality & Environment

The California Air Resources Board classifies Diesel HPR, also known as renewable diesel, as an ultra-low carbon fuel. The fuel can achieve a 40-80% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions compared to fossil diesel. In addition, renewable diesel:
      • Reduces NOx emissions by 14%, PM by 34% & CO by 13% compared to petroleum diesel
      • Is sulfur-free, aromatics-free and virtually odorless

Outperforming B20

Diesel HPR outperforms Biodiesel B20, delivering more power and lower emissions. Diesel HPR is made from 98% renewable content, while B20 biodiesel is 20% renewable and 80% petroleum. Unlike biodiesel, Diesel HPR provides uncompromised cold weather performance.
      Fuel Specification
      Diesel HPR
      Click image for larger version

Name:	bio1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	3264

Comment

So I have run 2 full tanks of HPR Diesel and I like it. More power, better response, hardly smells like anything and last but not least..... 1 mile per gallon increase in fuel economy.
        2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

I had a tried 2 tank also. I did not notice any increase in power and my mileage was about the same (With the HPR ever so slightly ahead). What I do like is the no smell during regen, 1 regen with two tanks, and about $0.10 cheaper. Only question: I've been putting Optilube XDP in every tank...So is this still something to do or is it better to stop using Optilube? I daily drive this truck about 10 miles each way.

Comment

Originally posted by GodFather2u View Post
            I had a tried 2 tank also. I did not notice any increase in power and my mileage was about the same (With the HPR ever so slightly ahead). What I do like is the no smell during regen, 1 regen with two tanks, and about $0.10 cheaper. Only question: I've been putting Optilube XDP in every tank...So is this still something to do or is it better to stop using Optilube? I daily drive this truck about 10 miles each way.

Interesting facts. I would say that the HPR would have better results in the older trucks that do not have the DPF System. Regins, no matter what will lower the MPG's. Have not found much that significantly increases the fuel mileage on a fully emissioned truck with the DPF system. That is just the nature of that system. EFI Live seems to help, less shorter regins and better performance can net a small gain in MPG and a great gain in power. I would say the opti lubs cleaning agents and cetane would still be a good idea. I would maybe back it of to a dose every other tank. Don't see why it would hurt anything if you continued to use it.

Comment

Do you have a link to where this kind of fuel can be bought throughout the U.S

Comment

Originally posted by 8aford97@gmail.com View Post
                Do you have a link to where this kind of fuel can be bought throughout the U.S
                Propelfuels.com

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                X