No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ProFab performance has some nice up pipes for a reasonable price as well as manifold and other Dmax goodies, worth a look. profabperformance.com
    2006 LBZ Daily Driver, Tractor, School Bus, Hot Rod Diesel , Crew Cab, Lifted, Hunting Rig , Cowboy Cadillac

Comment

they do have some interesting parts and good prices

Comment

I'm gonna have my ppe manifolds ported bigger if I can.

Comment

If the walls are thick enough it would be interesting to see. Get them to thin and might have a issue with heat cracking them. If you do them get some pics for us.

Comment

I see Bama Off Road did some PPE Up Pipes, Manifolds and the whole nine yards on a 2015 and the results were pretty good....

Comment

Attention Members - Here is an amazing new product brought to exclusively by the Dmaxstore. Amazing prices and quality for all Duramax owners just in time for the Holliday's. Just $699 per set with free shipping in the lower 48. Limited quantities at this price so tell your fellow Duramax owners to jump on this deal NOW !!!
              Max-Flow Up Pipes and Manifolds
              Fits 2001-2016 Chevy/GMC 6.6 Duramax (Race/Off-Road Only)
              Part# DMS-MAXFlOW-0116

*Not legal for sale or use in the state of California or any pollution controlled vehicles

Introducing DmaxStore's New MaxFlow Up Pipes and Manifolds.
              Providing up to an incredible 55% increase in air flow over stock. These Manifolds are made tough using high quality Silica Moly Cast Iron. Up-Pipes are made with .120" wall thickenes 304 Stainless Steel and internally sleeved bellows for superior flow and strength.

Features / Benefits:
              • Reduced Back pressure
              • Better Fuel Economy
              • Quicker Spool Up and Lower EGT's
              • EGT Probe port pre-molded and tapped in each manifold for convenience and increased strength
              Kit Includes:
              • Right and Left Max-Flow Manifolds
              • Right and Left Max-Flow Up Pipes
              ​Optional Gaskets: (All gaskets recommended for install)
              • Up-pipe gasket set all 4
              • Engine Block to Manifold Gasket set
              NOTICE: LMM trucks require heater pipe modifications on driver's side.
              The Max-Flow Manifold has been meticulously designed to increase the engines output through increased airflow. Max-Flow manifolds are designed to have a gradual increase in internal diameter as more exhaust ports are added. This allows for added volume within the manifold while keeping the maximum velocity possible. Due to the heat and energy of the exhaust gasses being expelled, expansion will occur within the Manifolds and Up Pipes which can cause an even stronger spool up through the Turbine side of the Turbo. With an increasing diameter of the Manifold you will be able to send these hot exhaust gases through the turbine as fast as possible making it easier for the Turbo to spool. The material also has the ability to retain heat ensuring the heat stays within the Manifolds. Better spool times have been seen with these Manifolds over Aftermarket Headers because the Headers will actually increase the distance the gases needed to travel causing some cooling before the Exhaust Gases hit the Turbo Charger.
              *These Up Pipes and Manifolds are for Race and Off-Road use only. They cannot be installed on vehicles with emission control systems.

Link to purchase :https://dmaxstore.com/products/?route...roduct_id=2023

Comment

Here they are with optional ceramic coating applied. They look amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                https://dmaxstore.com/products/image...0x500.jpg?full

Comment

https://dmaxstore.com/products/image...0x500.jpg?full

Comment

https://vimeo.com/189152469

Comment

Besides price and brand, is there a difference between the Dmax store and the PPE? Especially in how much they flow, spool, and EGT drop.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                        Besides price and brand, is there a difference between the Dmax store and the PPE? Especially in how much they flow, spool, and EGT drop.

Thanks!
                        No performance difference. Aside from price the only difference you will see will be a PPE logo, pretty box and CARB EO number.

Comment

Just as a follow up. Here is a great pic to illustrate the difference between the size/flow of the Dmax Store Max Flow up-pipe bellow and the OEM up-pipe bellow.

Comment

Where the manifolds connect to the up pipes, is it different from the factory location? I guess what I'm asking is if something was to happen to one of the up pipes, would any other up pipe fit with the aftermarket headers? Or do only up pipes made for aftermarket headers fit?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrises08 View Post
                              Where the manifolds connect to the up pipes, is it different from the factory location? I guess what I'm asking is if something was to happen to one of the up pipes, would any other up pipe fit with the aftermarket headers? Or do only up pipes made for aftermarket headers fit?
                              These manifolds need a different up pipe, as the manifolds are bigger and have a different exit location than a OEM manifold.

If you want a better than stock flowing manifold that will work with stock uppipes you should look at our Max-Flow Log Style manifolds.
                              http://dmaxstore.com/products/?route...roduct_id=3793

Comment

Originally posted by DmaxStoreJimmy View Post

These manifolds need a different up pipe, as the manifolds are bigger and have a different exit location than a OEM manifold.

If you want a better than stock flowing manifold that will work with stock uppipes you should look at our Max-Flow Log Style manifolds.
                                http://dmaxstore.com/products/?route...roduct_id=3793
                                Sweet thanks! And those will work on a 16 duramax right?
                                I know there may be some grinding that needs to be done on passenger manifold to clear the frame.

Comment

Please login or register to post.

Working...
                                X